1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do the CONs want to withold Medical Care from those who need it?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by alatide, Aug 21, 2009.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not in the modern meaning of "minister".

2. alatide

alatide New Member

I follow the Bible not the "modern meaning." Oh, what happens to your health insurance if you and your husband lose your jobs like over 10% of Americans? The Bush depression is actually just getting started.

#162 alatide, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2009
  3. targus

targus New Member

Good for you !!

Then why all the whining about how much you pay for co-pays, deductibles, etc.?

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When speaking to someone in this modern age, I don't use just the Biblical meanings of words (well, the KJV meanings of words). "Minister" today means to be a leader of a church, a pastor, an ordained man of God. I'm not any of those. I'm a child of the King. If I walked up to Joe Blow on the street and told him I was a "minister", what would he think I was?

We lose it and then we find new jobs to get insurance again. Health insurance is not a basic human right. We must work for it.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean G Bush is still President. I must have been dreaming :sleeping_2: I really thought that BO won an election. :tonofbricks:

6. theolog

theolog New Member

Your brother still won't get free health care under Obama's plan. His church doesn't pay taxes, Social Security, or unemployment, so he won't qualify.

7. theolog

theolog New Member

I agree that we must work for it.... But, I think insurance should be portable. And, I really don't have a problem with the government temporarily helping people pay for insurance while they are between jobs for up to a year. After that, they should qualify for MediCare. But, I don't think these changes mandate a Government takeover of health care.

I also think unemployment and temporary medical insurance should be expanded to include those who were fired from a religious or non-profit organization (in such a way that it is optional for churhes and non-profits to participate).

What do you think?