1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do we ordain?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by John Toppass, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I'm not against ordination, just to many non ordain preachers have had a big impact on me. Some known world wide some know country wide and a few know state wide and some county wide.

I would say that is the problem for the most part. I don't believe the Plymouth Brethren ordained their folks but I don't recall some things as well as I used to, and we all know of some of the famous preachers of yesterday who weren't ordained. Many of these folks work I have read and been blessed by.

We have about 5 Churches that I know of in town that have pastors who have seminary degrees, and don't believe in Biblical creation, some don't believe in the virgin birth, and some don't believe Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven and so, but they are ordained.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hebrews 13:7, "Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith."

Hebrews 13:7 takes time and that is not done in a two hour doctrinal examination. It is proven in doing the word.