1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why Do We Spend Time Debating Denominations of Unlike Faith and Order?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by saturneptune, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another dog fight I see. Shakes head.

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Nothing nasty about it, just the truth. Your post is what is nasty -- a nasty lie, the previous one and this one.

You'll have to answer for your false accusation against me -- and against all those who don't believe in OSAS.

3. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I don't know why you are acting so innocent. You have been involved in and responsible for some of those yourself.

4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Answer what? You gave no response! All you gave is empty accusations! I would greatly enjoy the opportunity to answer your objections if you could post them!

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, you have some type of chip on your shoulder that is huge. I dont know what it is but your constantly on your high horse. Why dont you climb down & debate the issues instead of your throwing accusations around. You might find things much more agreeable & perhaps learn something.

FYI, this commentary is not meant to be accusatory, rather an observation (and not one thats attempting to be hurtful).

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I just quickly looked over some of the posts in this thread. I read Biblicist's post and your response to it. Biblicist posted doctrine, doctrine which I consider clear-cut, well said, concise, to the point, and without malice.

Your remark was malicious and uncalled for.
    If you want to refute the doctrine that he posted then do so. Otherwise such personal attacks will only gain you infractions in the future.

7. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

Hmmm... it sounds as though you speak from experience. However, its probably more your attitude than scriptural doctrine that will get you (or has gotten you) banned. Most Catholic boards have a "Non-Catholic" section as well and, if you play nice with others, you would be probably be allowed to stay. That's been my experience anyway.

WM

8. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I constantly debate the issues, but instead of being able to focus on that, I am constantly having to defend myself against vile and false charges.

9. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

LOL!!! That is simply untrue, but why am I not surprised on whose side you come down. What about the personal attacks he has made on me? Guess that's okay since he's your buddy. I thought it was against forum policy to question the salvation of another forum member. Yet that has been what he has constantly done since I became active on here again.

You might not need to give me an infraction. I'm about to leave you to your little playground and shake the dust off my feet.

If you can't be fair and truthful, you are disqualified as a moderator.

#29 Michael Wrenn, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  10. Wittenberger

Wittenberger New Member

I certainly hope that there are no non-believers reading this thread!

What an ugly picture of what it means to be "Christ-like"! While I point one finger at you all I am pointing at least three back at me. We ALL need to be more civil and Christ-like to one another!

11. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I hope there are non-believers reading it. Everybody needs to see that there are wolves in sheep's clothing -- even in the church.

I don't take kindly to constantly having my salvation questioned, being told I am teaching another Gospel and another Jesus, etc., etc.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Michael I have no idea what you are talking about. He might as well written a statement of faith and why would you personally attack it.
    Here it is:
    I don't find anything personal; no mention of you, your name, or anything personal about anyone. It is pure doctrine. What is there to be offended at? If you disagree with doctrine then say so! There is nothing personal in that which is written above. It could be taken straight from someone's statement of faith. What are you so upset about?

13. Wittenberger

Wittenberger New Member

I grew up fundamentalist Baptist. THIS IS WHAT THEY SINCERELY BELIEVE! It is nothing personal against you.

If their positions offend you, you should move on to another site that is not so fundamentalist/conservative. Southern and American Baptists are much less hostile to Christians of other denominations.

14. billwald

billwald New Member

Why? Because extremist fundamentalists must always be right and must always have the last word. I suspect that almost no one posting in this section of BB expects to learn anything. Even questions are intended to stir the pot. This includes myself.

15. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I have decided that I will no longer respond to anyone who questions my salvation or charges that I am teaching another gospel and following another christ.

They may be allowed to say that here; there's nothing I can do about that. But I will not acknowledge such a person by commenting or defending myself.

So anyone can believe what he/she wants about me; I only have to answer to God.

#35 Michael Wrenn, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
  16. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

There are many good people here; I have made friends here and would hate to leave.

I now consider Icon my friend. We had some of the worst exchanges imaginable early on, but I PM'd him, and we worked things out. We still have disagreements but understand each other better. I hope he doesn't mind my telling this. Also, one of my closest friends here years ago was Jeff Weaver, a Primitive Baptist; he is in very bad health now.

I can get along and even become friends with those whose beliefs are diametrically opposed to mine. I actually like reading beliefs which are very different from mine. What I cannot and will not tolerate is being falsely accused.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I would not waste my time debating a denomination that has nothing in common with Scripture or Baptists. Catholics are not tolerant of other faiths. The remark was to point out how much freedom is given other denominations compared to how they would treat us. Having said that, I can see no purpose in goint to another faith's site, Catholic for example, and convince them to not use a priest to confess sins. Same could be asked of you, what is your purpose in triying to convince Baptists not to be Baptists.

18. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What about 1 Peter 3:15?
    and couple that with Romans 10:14-17
    It seems to me that by debating people of other denominations that you are taking the opportunity to present your faith to people who (according to you) are not saved or their salvation is questionable in which case they may hear and come to believe. By your view the elect are already predetermined and by irresistable grace they will be lead to believe. Those who aren't elect no matter what will never believe. Therefore you are not responsible whether someone agrees with you but it seems to me that you must give a sound defense of your faith for that one opportunity which you know nothing about where God will use you to reach someone who is elect and will come to believe by your preaching and defense of your faith. To neglect your apologetic calling is to neglect and abuse God's plan for you.
    Also it is an opportunity to properly evaluate the arguments raised against you and to strengthen yourself by application of the word of God and reason in your sound defense.
    So I don't know what you are exasperated about. Non Baptist don't go to the Baptist sections of this board. Thus if you want to just build yourself up with those of like mind you can go to those without worry of debate (well little debate) and you can use this section to challenge those who don't hold to your beliefs in baptist distinctives yet still are called Christian.

:smilewinkgrin:

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The reason for the hope within us is the death, burial and Ressurection of Jesus Christ. That transcends all denominations.

20. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well see, I agree with your entire statement on this post that you just made!
    :thumbsup: