1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do you hate Gail Riplinger?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Precepts, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

2. Precepts

Precepts New Member

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

But she names the Name of Christ and lives what she believes the Bible to say, but the hatred towards her and though she is a Christrian is evidenced by many in their posts concerning her books. Why? Why is the hatred towrds her expressed in an attempt to discuss versions and translations? And always in the attack against those who hold to the conviction that God is able to preserve His Word.

5. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't hate Gail Riplinger. I just think her "scholarship" is a joke. She misquotes people. She even misquotes the KJV. She cuts and pastes words and phrases from people she disagrees with and puts them together with ..., which gives the impression the person has said something they indeed did not say. Some of the so-called quotes are put together from as far as 5 or more pages apart. If I remember correctly, at least one had phrases cut from different chapters of the original authors work.

6. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Then you just said the same about your cohort known as "rsr" in the BB. Good! Now we see the scales exposed from under the slime.

You'll just love my next topic!

7. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

I don't hate Ms Riplinger, but find her attention to detail to be deplorable. She may be an accomplished home economist, but that hardly qualifies her as an expert on bible translation. She has demonstrated by her obvious errors that she has no knowledge of Hebrew, Greek, Manuscript Evidence, Textual Criticism, or the Logic of Language as it applies to translation.

What I find most deplorable about her conduct is not her errors of fact in her book, but her terrible lack of Christian grace and character. When David Cloud privately brought certain errors in her book to her attention, she never responded to him privately, but instead published an article entitled "O Madman" wherein she slanders Mr. Cloud, lies about him and his beliefs, and generally conducts herself in such a manner as to make me wonder concerning her testimony.

8. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I didn't. I don't know rsr and haven't said a thing about the person. You just misrepresented what I said. I see your scales has a hole on one side.

9. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I'm so sorry you waste so much of the Lord's precious time in researching such garbage. I rarely read anything by Cloud or Riplinger, but what I see is a sense of hatred towards Riplinger in many posts. You may not be guilty of it, but the circumstancial evidence is building.

10. Precepts

Precepts New Member

No, I didn't. I don't know rsr and haven't said a thing about the person. You just misrepresented what I said. I see your scales has a hole on one side. </font>[/QUOTE]No I didn't, you have just failed to read the posts in this forum, the fellow admitted he takes only portions of what people post and turns it around to make it look like they said something they didn't, just like, "Hath God said?"

When I place a Rock on one side of the balances and a slab of slime on the other,l the scales protrude throught the slime and the Rock always outweighs the slab, but then the Rock holds the Balances in His Right Hand too.

11. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

That is the difference between you and me. You "don't waste time in researching" so you constantly post idiotic statements which are easily proven false. I, on the other hand, do a lot of research, so, for the most part, I know what I am talking about when I post and don't have to resort to this type of silly, childish miscaricature.

12. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

I don't hate Gail Riplinger, but I honestly have never seen any book as poorly researched as hers. She misquotes often, libels and slanders those she disagrees with, and misrepresents herself.

14. michelle

michelle New Member

Peace and love to you all in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour!

Gail Riplinger has been accused of taking quotes out of context regarding statements that Westcott had made, in order to prove her point. If in fact she did this, it is wrong, and should be corrected and apologized for. However, I would not accuse or think that she did this to put something there, that was not there. These men were involved in some really questionable areas, not in line at all for someone who names the name of Christ Jesus, and to deal with manuscript translations at that. I think Gail Ripplinger has made an excellent observation of what is occuring with the modern versions, and I don't believe something, just because someone said it is so. God gave me the ability to think and reason, and that of the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I can say that I see that what she is implying could very well be the truth - which the title of her book is very appropriately titled New Age Versions. I also very much like David Cloud and he has been a great blessing to me. I also disagree with some things he says. But God did give me a brain, to sort out all the mess. We are fallible, we are not perfect, and we make mistakes. No one is perfectly correct or accurate, only our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

15. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Skanwmatos, the KJVO;kjbo movement might have a better leg to stand on if it's adherents like Pre would simply grow up. ;) Oops! I need to grow up too, but it's ever so fun to follow his incredibly humorous posts! I'm becoming adicted to reading the "idiotic statements" and posting after him. Is there a Precepts Anonymous meeting held anywhere? :D

16. Precepts

Precepts New Member

So in turn you will slander her and libel yourself in the effort? Is that railing for railing?

17. Orvie

Orvie New Member

G.A. Riplinger...what did she say about "God and Riplinger"? that alone oughtta throw up the Red Flag! and talk about Rev 22:18-19. :rolleyes:

18. Orvie

Orvie New Member

So in turn you will slander her and libel yourself in the effort? Is that railing for railing? </font>[/QUOTE]Riplinger and Precepts...peas in a pod, both proven wrong, time and time and time and time and time again, and still hold on to their Pickle [​IMG]

19. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Then you build yourself up and in turn doest the same. I'm so proud of you! When I grow up, I wanna be just like yopu,but i will still know the AV 1611 KJB is God's Bible

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I wonder why any criticism or critique is viewed as hatred?

It is not hate to question an author's writings or a producer's movies.