1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do you hate Gail Riplinger?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Precepts, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Must be in the manner it is expressed.

2. Orvie

Orvie New Member

[​IMG] I literally burst out laughing at your utter blindness to you own expreesion of your demonstrated myth. [​IMG] Thanx again for the entertainment! [​IMG] and, boy, is it ever so hard to keep up w/ your posts! :eek:

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I'm not surprised you have a problem keeping up with anything, your slant over-rides your ability to rationalize. Gail Riplinger may be wrong by your understanding, but your hatred for the Sister is expressed in your attempts to detract from the thread by the all too common attack on another BBmember. Sad.

4. Orvie

Orvie New Member

[​IMG] Precepts, wake up..Gail is a false prohetess, and you should not associate with someone like her who is been proven dishonest. Oh, I know, b/c she defends the KJV;kjb, you're gonna take up for her, even if she pickles the KJV;kjb, doing the venerable translation a disservice. KJVO;kjbo proponent David Cloud criticized her the way we are. Is he now attacking the KJV;kjb? Try to be consistent, will ya? [​IMG] :eek:

5. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

So in turn you will slander her and libel yourself in the effort? Is that railing for railing? </font>[/QUOTE]I really don't think you understand what slander is. The research that has been done by KJVO and non-KJVO's alike has shown that she has egregriously mischaracterized, misquoted, and slander those she disagreed with. Slander is defined as a false statement that is meant to injure someone. She has done that with people like Dr. Cloud. I have not said anything false about her. Libel is making a false claim in publishing a work. I haven't published anything, not have I said anything false about Riplinger.

The Truth is that Riplinger made false claims about a variety of subjects in her book. I don't know whether they were unintentional or intentional, but I stand by my claim that she misrepresents who she is as well as misquoting more often than anything I have ever read before.

6. ScottEmerson

"the all too common attack on another BBmember..."

You mean, such as "So in turn you will slander her and libel yourself in the effort?"

One of my grandfathers favorite quotes was, "...it's like the pot calling the kettle black."

7. Precepts

Precepts New Member

So then, you are still commended by your honesty, but the fact remains that others have in turn shown a sense of hatred towards her for what you accuse her of doing. You are showing me a side of Scott Emerson Clark i haven't had the pleasure of seeing all too much of, and again I commend that.

I only wish others could do the same.

8. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Scott I asked you a question, I in no way made that an accusation. I again commended you on your honesty, so please don't turn my questions into an accusation again.

9. ScottEmerson

So it's impossible to make an accusation with a question? It's kind of like, "So, are you still abusing your child?" It's a question, but it's also an accusation.

10. Precepts

Precepts New Member

No, Scott, it's presumptuous to take a "No" answer as an admission of guilt to such a question. I am not presumptuous. If asked the question,"So, are you still abusing your child?". My answer would be, "No, I never abused my child. Are you accusing me of abusing my child?" Then you would be left with the responsibility to answer my question honestly so there would be no misunderstanding your asking me if I was still abusing my child. It would also give opportunity for you to give reason why you would have to ask that question.

11. ScottEmerson

You attack people left and right on this board. Over and over and over again. Then when it is pointed out, you do everything you can to minimize that fact. Myself nor others don't buy your little arguments.

12. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's more like your asking one question to get ammo with which you can use to slam someone else with - which is quite immature. This tread is now boycotted.

13. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't hate Riplinger herself as I don't know her, but her work is a big fat product of a fertile imagination, laced with some outright LIES. I've read her books, researched the veracity of her claims, found more than one misquote of other authors, and even some misquotes of the KJV!

It's late, I'm going to bed.I gotta work 16 hours tomorrow(3PM Saturday-7AM Sunday, at about $38 per hour)& I'll post some empirical proof tn the AM, God Willing, if you like.

14. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I haven't "attacked" anyone on this board, neither left nor right. You have attacked me even after I commended you for your honesty, but I cannot commend you for this statement.

15. Precepts

Precepts New Member

It's more like your asking one question to get ammo with which you can use to slam someone else with - which is quite immature. This tread is now boycotted. </font>[/QUOTE]Boycott if you will. I am not loking for any "ammo" as you presume. Yall are just proving my point all too well. Yall will say you use the KJB, but then you nearly hate anyone who stands for it. The reactions to this thread show the emissions, and I'll leave it at that, yall decide.

16. ScottEmerson

Many Christian witnesses have attested to your behavior over and over. Where are those who will stand and rise to your defense?

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Not saying that you are the only guilty one Pre, but do a search of your posts. Some of your words for your opponents are - "stupidity", "hypocrisy", "pride", "vanity" etc. Masking attacks by applying them to behaviour does not nullify the attack.

18. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

How can you say this? :eek: Surely, you do not really believe this statement? :rolleyes: Everything you do here is an attack, one way or another. What is sad is that you will not admit what everyone else here sees. :eek:

19. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Ah! So! But NOW we are faced with the one's definition of "attacked" then aren't we? We all could also say that everyone on this board has in turn "ATTACKED" me! Ooooooo! Ooooooo! Ooooooo!

But I have NEVER DEMANDED anyone REPENT and apologize have I? Oooo! Ooooooo! Oooooooooooo!

I also have intentionally acted the victim to see how others would respond and I must apologize for misleading anyone, but my purpose is to point out the fallacies practiced by the "mother's" children of : excommunication, evil surmising, shunning, inordinate affection, guile, presumptuous sins,etc,etc, etc.

How childish! Look at the suffix "ish" and reckon it's origin to Ishmael! Oooo! Ooooooo! Ooooooooo!

I have yet to call all other members together to shun anyone, I have yet to tell another member or give the impression I would shun them, but we cannot say that everyone else is not guilty of same. Ooo! Oooooo! Ooooooooo!

I appreciate the efforts of Gail Riplinger. I have not studied her books completely, either, but I do believe her heart is right in the efforts to point out errors in the mv's, whether she has made any errors in doing so, or not. But I have seen the hatred for her exerted aginst her person by many in BB. Oooo!Oooooooo!Oooooooooooo! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

and [​IMG]

20. Precepts

Precepts New Member

You may not actually hate her, and I hope you really don't, but the following is very easily true, "I don't hate Gail Riplinger, I just act like I hate Gail Riplinger" on your behalf.