1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why does bush warmonger when even his own blood does not believe

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Feb 25, 2007.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are correct. I changed that to "some of." How do I know? because military service, especially combat, is something people tend to keep to themselves and not interject into a debate when losing.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your source article cites no acts of terrorism.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the overall scheme of things, whether or not any of the Bush family is currently serving in the military, has less than nothing to do with anything I can think of concerning the war in Iraq.

It's just another APAL Bush attack. :BangHead:

It's not even a new one.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I base it on the fact that intelligence experts, who devote their lives to the topic week in and week out have divergent opinions about what the intelligence means.

There is no way to expect informed opinions from people whose lives are devoted to other things can be expected to read or hear about the scant of amount of intellligence that is available, with all the distraction of politicos commenting on it and arguing in three minute interviews split between two people. Notice here how people's opinions are largely divided by political viewpoints.

People known for extremism on both sides generally discount in entirety the validity of intelligence reports, and those more in the mainstream see various levels of validity, some believing it all, and others believing parts but not all. But the truth is, we know a fraction of what the full-time investigators know. And that doesn't make for good opinions.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Red herring.

Funding = sponsoring.

So are you for or against funding terrorists?

#65 poncho, Feb 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007
  6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Red herring.

No terrorists funded.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The main news media (ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, FOX, major newspapers, etc) all distort the truth and report based on their agenda. Granted, this is all most Americans have as a source of information, or should I say, as far as they will search for information. Most do not even listen to the news. Sometimes, listening on short wave to other country news casts can be very eye opening.

I agree, the politics here and other places distorts us knowing what the facts really are. It always boils down to which party deserves to be in power and rip off the American people, the republicans or democrats. The answer is neither deserve power from us.

While we have to allow a certain amount of secrecy for intelligence, sometimes I think the upper crust in Washington forgets who pays for to get that intelligence.

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Good question!

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

We must be reading different articles then, my mistake. Got links to what you've been reading?

10. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I apologize for being so harsh, yesterday was not a good day.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No it isnt. Read the above posts. The question was answered.

12. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

It was a good question.

13. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apology accepted.

Look, I was in the AF nearly 10 years and really didn't know much about the world as far as our threats and enemies. When I started working with wartime plans it opened up my eyes a lot.

When I was recently stationed in Hawaii there were many classified briefings we had in the vault about our main threats in the Pacific region of the world. I was amazed at the detail of the things I learned about many issues from China to North Korea to Taiwan just to name a few.

Even after 10 years of serving I didn't understand why the US and our president did some of things they did and now I understand a little more with all of the briefings and experience I had dealing with these topics everyday.

I wasn't trying to brag or be arrogant at all. However, I still feel that a large % of the general public just don't understand what we do and why we do it. Sometimes I wish everyone could have some exposure to some of these briefings because it could change some of their views.

And try watching the Military Channel and the Pentagon Channel more. While they are not perfect, they do provide some good insight.

14. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Great post and thanks for your service to our great nation! You're absolutely correct in wishing people could have a bit more "inside" information. It's revealing just how off beat the general news media is when you know even a little bit about a given subject.

15. redbelt

redbelt New Member

Great Post!
    Thanks for your service. I served in Hawaii in the Air Force many years ago. The Army is so different from the Air Force.

Someone called me arrogant because of my last post. I have been called many things, but that was a new one. I'm sorry if you felt that way.
    My remarks about Iraq are not an attempt to same I know more than anyone else on this thread. It's just that each person writing comes here with their own personal experiences and judgments.
    When someone commented about the military card not working here - that took me back.
    My experiences are just as valid and real as anyone elses. I am not ashamed of serving in our military. During WWII there were mistakes made that cost several thousands of lives in a matter of a days. It would be nice if war could be perfect and without mistakes - but that will never happen. We have lost just over 3,000 men and women in over 4 years of combat operations. Each loss is dear, but it is nowhere near the catastrophic losses we have seen in previous wars.
    Look at these statistics:
    Total Casualties

Gettysburg

Federal: 23,053 Confederate: 28,063

The Seven Days

Federal 15,849 Confederate 20,614

Chickamauga

Federal 16,170 Confederate 18,454

Chancellorsville or Second Fredericksburg

Federal 16,845 Confederate 12,764

The Wilderness

Federal 17,666 Confederate 7,500

Antietam

Federal 12,410 Confederate 10,316

Second Manassas or Chantilly

Federal 16,054 Confederate 9,286

Shiloh

Federal 13,047 Confederate 10,694

Stones River

Federal 9,532 Confederate 9,239

Fredericksburg

Federal 12,653 Confederate 5,309

My prayer is that this war will end as soon as possible. But I also pray for victory and success for our Soldiers and the Iraqi people.

16. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Amen Brother! That's what the people need to be praying for!

17. redbelt

redbelt New Member

WW II Data

Data

Table 1--UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES TOTAL STRENGTH AND CASUALTIES
    IN WORLD WAR II, DEC. 7, 1941-DEC. 31, 1946

Service--Total strength-- Battle deaths--
    Army(2) 11,260,000 234,874
    Navy 4,183,466 36,950
    Marine Corps 669,100 19,733
    Coast Guard 241,093 574
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total 16,353,659 292,131

Praise the Lord we haven't seen these numbers in our war against Terrorism.

18. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

The numbers put things in perspective. All of them were precious lives given so that others might continue to live in freedom. Their loss was mourned but their scarifice was honored.

19. redbelt

redbelt New Member

WW II Data

Data

Table 1--UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES TOTAL STRENGTH AND CASUALTIES
    IN WORLD WAR II, DEC. 7, 1941-DEC. 31, 1946

Service--Total strength-- Battle deaths--
    Army(2) 11,260,000 234,874
    Navy 4,183,466 36,950
    Marine Corps 669,100 19,733
    Coast Guard 241,093 574
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total 16,353,659 292,131

Praise the Lord we haven't seen these numbers in our war against Terrorism.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And when we do, they'll be mostly civilians killed right here at home.