1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why does God allow me to be so stupid?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by UnchartedSpirit, Jan 19, 2006.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

It's taken me a whole year or more I guess to figure out that I had formed a habit of conscisously going into the same situtation to sin! And I was wondering why I was feeling so depraived to God all the while! Why didn't he just step in front of me and tell me this earlier?

2. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To give you time to realise just what you were doing and make such an impression on you that it will never happen again?

Regards
    Bob

3. UnchartedSpirit

I guess, the punishments especially would help for that...I still don't think I sould be so easily ingorant...

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

dont beat yourself up. We are all stupid in many ways. Thats why we need Him!

5. UnchartedSpirit

Like I said, I didn't need to get beaten anymore...life just seems to be dangling under the breaking point at the moment thanks to this, but if time was all I needed to analyize what I was doing wrong, why didn't I have it sooner?

6. David Mark

David Mark New Member

I find that I have certain weaknesses or faults that seem to reamain even though I strive against them continuously.

Some consolation comes from my continual honesty before the Lord that I struggle. It is difficult to trust God when I feel unworthy or bad about myself. But that to me is part of the idea that the just shall live by faith. I sould not be afraid of the Light and what it shows me about myself. It would be a lack of faith for me to hide from the Light and refrain from being thankful. Though I may have unseen enemies, my greatest enemy seems to be my natural self.

My only hope for salvation, in this life and the life to come is, God's grace and mercy for a weak and needy fellow like me.

David

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Lessons seem to be taken more 'to heart' if we discover them ourselves rather than have someone telling us.

Could God have been speaking to you, but you were just not hearing?

Would you have listened earlier?

8. In His Grace

In His Grace New Member

I have been stupid all my life,

just more reason to draw me nearer to the Lord.

I learned a long time ago,

DO THE BEST YOU CAN WITH WHAT YOU GOT.

9. I Am Blessed 24

I don't think I'm stupid. Ignorant of some things maybe, but God don't make no junk and I am fearfully and wonderfully made (in the image of God) - therefore I am not stupid.

10. mnw

mnw New Member

The more we see ourselves for who we are, the more we see our need for God.

Why did it take so long? I know in my own life the severity of the lesson very often equals the effect of the lesson upon my life.

11. buckster75

buckster75 Member

If you turn every situation over to Him and let Him live His llife thru you. What might have been different?

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

12. buckster75

buckster75 Member

How can our excuse ever be "we are stupid" when we have the One who created "smarts" living in us?

If we do something stupid it is because we did not consult the Master.

13. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

Someone once said that "experience is the best teacher." I have learned that experience is not necessarily the "best" but it is certainly the most thorough.

14. UnchartedSpirit

that I guess is the question...why didn't I have the urge to talk with Him?

15. I Am Blessed 24

Maybe you weren't ready to give up your 'sin'?

Sometimes we don't talk to God because we already know what He is going to say and we don't want to hear it...yet.

16. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

As you already know, we have to learn to do right whether the urge hits us or not. The pain you've experienced from this event will probably move you another step toward that character quality.

But in the final analysis, we who are on the outside don't really know what God is up to, except that we know it's good. You alone can learn the real lessons; all we can do is guess.

17. buckster75

buckster75 Member

I think that is part of what we do in growing as christians. To finally trust Him in all things, to seek His direction in all things. Stop living off urges and and start living to please and glorify Him.

18. David Mark

David Mark New Member

That's nice [​IMG]

19. David Mark

David Mark New Member

That is such an honest question.

I don't think it would wrong to be that honest before God in prayer. In private I often pose honest questions like that to the Lord, sometimes feeling like my questions border on impertinence. But I really need a counselor in this world. I often tell God that though I sound like I am complaining, I am really in need of counsel and I make sure I submit my concerns that way with great respect.

He is referred to as: Comforter and Counselor. I depend on that being true. I think that is in Isaiah 9:6 but I'm not sure.

Just some thoughts.

Dave

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Only a year? It takes some people their entier lifetime to figure that out.
    God doesn't tell us something until we're at a point where we're willing to listen. Again, some people ever get to that point in their lifetimes. It doesn't mean that they're bad people, just human people who are prone to bad things.