1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why does Jack Hyles get so much flack?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Jabbezzz, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's summarize:

Doctrinal heresy
    Finneyesque methodology
    Moral violation
    Cover-up for son and others with horrendous sin
    Arrogant spirit
    Doctrines such as "a person cannot be saved unless using the KJV"
    Clone reproduction of mindless sycophants

And those are the good things.

WHY would someone sent an 18-year old to a school built/dedicated to THAT? The damage done to authentic fundamentalism by HAC/FBCHammond/Hyles is almost incalcuable.

2. foxrev

foxrev New Member

Indeed. Dr. Bob. We are close friends with a HAC grad - he would not recommend it today - he would highly recommend other schools.

Sadly, it's not just HAC that is like this. Many througout all of "Christianity" are teaching, doing or allowing similar things.

It seems like our culture becomes more "Man/Personality Worship" oriented all the time. It reminds me of the Church at Corinth - divided over personalities and not doctrine.

They also had their flagrant moral problems as well - they seemed to be careless about them as Paul confronts them in I Corinthians 5. They also took holy things and defiled them as well in chapter 11.

It is surely within our nature, as it was the Disciples, to take our eyes off the Lord Jesus. However, I find myself daily asking the Lord to keep me close to Him as I am so "Prone to wander . . . Prone to leave the God I love."

We need a Psalm 85:6 revival. Please Lord, may it be soon.

3. Charles E.Smith

Charles E.Smith New Member

As for FBCH/HAC's relationship with Sword of the Lord I think it is quite distant. By this I mean that Dr.Schaap wouldn't be invited to preach at a Sword conference or have one of his or Dr.Hyles' sermons printed in The Sword and they wouldn't invite Shelton Smith to preach at FBCH or HAC. At one time Hyles was very close to Sword of the Lord but had a falling out with Shelton Smith in the mid 90's when he became editor of SoTL.