1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why does the SDA see Ellen White as a prophetess?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Apr 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

The ESV is a corruption, however, let us cite the context of Philippians 3:6, which is vs 5:

Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, [of] the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; - Philippians 3:5

Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. - Philippians 3:6

Paul stated that his 'blameless' condition in regards 'the law' [First 5 Books, & or entire OT], was in matters of being a "Pharisee". An outward external mere appearance of observance, not in matters of the inward man/heart. In other words, a hypocrite, a whitewashed sepulchre, beautiful on the outside, but inward, full of dead mens' bones:

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead [men's] bones, and of all uncleanness. - Matthew 23:27

Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, [thou] whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law? - Acts 23:3​

Paul had "letter", but not "spirit".

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter. - Romans 7:6

Paul needed the Law written upon the heart in the New Covenant, so that His obedience was of the Love of God in all righteousness, not men's filthy rags.

For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; ... Galatians 5:6

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, ... Galatians 6:5

Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing ... 1 Corinthians 7:19

I am speaking of the spiritual circumcision of the heart, which all [physical Jew or physical Gentile] must have to enter Heaven:

... but faith which worketh by love. Galatians 5:6

... but a new creature. Galatians 6:5

... but the keeping of the commandments of God. 1 Corinthians 7:19

Notice what is said of the physical uncircumcision [the natural Gentile] and of the physical circumcision of the physical Jew:

For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. Romans 2:25

Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? Romans 2:26

And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law? Romans 2:27

What does God actually care about?

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:4

Circumcision [of the heart] remains, for that is what counts:

Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. - Deuteronomy 10:16

And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. - Deuteronomy 30:6

Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench [it], because of the evil of your doings. - Jeremiah 4:4

As it is written:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:6

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments. Deuteronomy 5:10

Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; Deuteronomy 7:9

And said, I beseech thee, O LORD God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments: Nehemiah 1:5

And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments; Daniel 9:4

[And if any truly understands God's answer to Danel's prayer in Daniel 9, they would recognize something infinitely tremendous.]​

If thou shalt keep all these commandments to do them, which I command thee this day, to love the LORD thy God, and to walk ever in his ways; then shalt thou add three cities more for thee, beside these three: - Deuteronomy 19:9

In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it. - Deuteronomy 30:16

But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the LORD charged you, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul. - Joshua 22:5

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. John 14:21

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. John 15:10

What Commandments is Jesus talking about brother?

Love to God and Neighbour? Look please:

Love to God:

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:5

Please read Deuteronomy 5:1-33; 6:1-9, What commandments are being referred to in Deuteronomy 6:5?

Love to Neighbour:

Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Leviticus 19:17

Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:18

Where is Jesus and others quoting from brother in Matthew 22:37; Mark 12:30; Luke 10:27; and Matthew 5:43; Matthew 19:19; Matthew 22:39; Mark 12:31,33; Luke 10:27; Romans 13:9; Galatians 5:14; James 2:8?

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Romans 13:10

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 1 John 5:2

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 1 John 5:3

And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. 2 John 1:6

etc, etc.

The Bible defined "love" for us, see also 1 John 4:8,16.

#101 One Baptism, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  2. One Baptism

Because, as it is written, we [as individuals, and so also as body] are to be a Temple [Tabernacle] for the LORD. If the LORD, through the Spirit, be not in us [this house], we be "desolate", a habitation for [the minds of] devils.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? - 1 Corinthians 3:16

In type:

We, as of now, are like the tabernacle that 'Moses' had built in the desert wanderings [falling apart, waxing old]... but in the Promised land [Canaan; the type of Heaven] a more glorious structure of 'gold, silver, marble, precious stones', etc is there, built by the Son of David.

#102 One Baptism, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Garbage! brings to mind:

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Two tents in 2Cor 5 for each person - two bodies. One is the one we have now that id decaying - and the other is the one we get at the 2nd coming - as described in 1Cor 15:51-61.

And in between Paul calls it the "unclothed state".

but in 1Cor 15 "this MORTAL must put on immortality" -- happens at the 2nd coming.

in Christ,

Bob

5. One Baptism

Indeed, brother BobRyan, and let us all notice most carefully and prayerfully what Paul, by the Holy Spirit, stated about the unclothed state:

For we that are in [this] tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. - 2 Corinthians 5:4

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The mark of a typical cult is scripture twisting.
    The 15th chapter of 1st Corinthians is specifically speaking of the resurrection and the resurrection body. It has nothing to do with the topic that Paul is addressing in 2Cor.5, but to try to uphold a false doctrine the SDA must try and use scripture from the one passage to force an unbiblical meaning out of the other.
    Thus the reality of the verse in 2Pet.3:16.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the body physically dies, then the spirit goes back to heaven to be with jesus, awaiting his Second coming to have the physical body resurrected!

8. vooks

vooks Active Member

Philipians 3:6 (KJV)
    Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Is KJV a corruption as well?
    Paul says he was BLAMELESS as far as the Law is concerned. Do you dispute that, or was he lying? Can you DEFINE blameless for me?

Paul is giving us his CV. Let me list his credentials for you
    1. He was circumcised on the eight day
    2. He is an Israelite
    3. He was a Benjamite
    4. He was a 'pure' Hebrew
    5. He belonged to the Pharisee sect
    6. He persecuted the church
    7. He was BLAMELESS as far as the law is concerned

You are not even blameless in the Laws you cherry pick yet you prescribe the same to a dying world?

#108 vooks, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015
  9. vooks

vooks Active Member

Interesting.
    So our bodies are tents in as far as they are the temple of Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:1-2 (KJV)
    For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven

You will agree with me that the 'earthly house' spoken of here is the physical body of a believer. And at resurrection/regeneration, we shall have new immortal bodies which are ALSO referred to as houses.

Following your logic, the new heavenly body will ALSO be temple(s) of Holy Spirit.

Will believers in regeneration be Spirit filled?
    Why would they need the Spirit dwelling in them?

10. vooks

vooks Active Member

You are not answering my question. Let me repeat it.
    WHY is the body referred to as a tent/house?
    What resides in the body to qualify it to be designated as a tent?

#110 vooks, May 2, 2015
  11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BobRyan [​IMG]
    It is torn down - decaying in this life - this body is mortal - in 2Cor 5 - so also "mortal man" is the designation for us in the Bible.

But in 2Cor 5:1-4 there is another body - given to us at the 1Cor 15:51-61 resurrection - at the coming of Christ.

Two tents in 2Cor 5 for each person - two bodies. One is the one we have now that id decaying - and the other is the one we get at the 2nd coming - as described in 1Cor 15:51-61.

And in between Paul calls it the "unclothed state".

but in 1Cor 15 "this MORTAL must put on immortality" -- happens at the 2nd coming.

The body without the spirit is DEAD - James 2.

The body returns

Eccl 12:7
    7 then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.

Matt 10:28
    28 Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You seem to have mastered it.

That was the point.

until you read the actual Bible and see that Paul is speaking of the immortal body received by the saints - in that next life.

2 Cor 5
    For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven, 3 inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked. 4 For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life.

The point remains.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No he isn't. You are reading that into the Scriptures. You know what it is called. eisigesis. Again, here is what Wesley says:
    Far easier to believe Wesley than you, isn't it?

Spurgeon, preaching on this text, was referring to the spirit when he said:

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    paul referring to JUST physical body being transformed and changed, just as John saw it happening, but they also saw the spirits of the saved already alive in heaven awaiting for that event!

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SDA in real trouble here, as Dr Arminian and DR Calvinist BOTH disagreed with their flase prophetess!

16. vooks

vooks Active Member

Am afraid you are evading my question.
    What does the body house to warrant the 'tabernacle/tent' and 'house' metaphor?

17. One Baptism

Brother DHK, in saying such, you must realize that in citing such [Godly] men [as they were, though not perfect], that it will cut both ways?

If I also cite these men [Wesley and Spurgeon], in regards "Michael" and/or "Angel of the LORD" as Jesus [Deity/God's Son, Uncreated Creator], will you also accept or deny their words in that area [or others, in which Wesley declares in several places that the AntiChrist is the Papacy and position of Popes, etc, so also Spurgeon, etc], or do you pick and choose?

There are also many prominent Baptists on this List, among others none to shabby...

Here is my short list of Reformation [and more], Bible believing Christians on the subject, and please be aware that I have the quotations and linked sources in their fullness, should anyone ask me [and please test me, not merely by them, but also by Scripture]

Ellen G. White (AD November 26, 1827 – AD July 16, 1915) – Jesus is “Michael”

Melito of Sardis (wrote AD 165 – AD 175, died c. AD 180 – Jesus is “among the angels, archangel”

Roman Catholic Encyclopedia: Jesus is the Angel of the Great Counsel, the Angel of the LORD, etc

Augustine of Hippo (AD 13 November 354 – AD 28 August 430) Jesus is the “Angel of the Testament”, etc

Irenaeus (AD early 2nd century – c. AD 202) Jesus is the one that came down and spoke to the Patriarchs under the designation “Angel”.

Titus Flavius Clemens (Greek: Κλήμης ὁ Ἀλεξανδρεύς; c. 150 – c. 215), known as Clement of Alexandria – Jesus is the “Angel of the Great Counsel”.

Justin Martyr, also known as Saint Justin (c. AD 100 – AD 165) – Jesus is called “Angel”, etc

Eusebius (AD 260/265 – AD 339/340); also called Eusebius of Caesarea and Eusebius Pamphili, - Jesus is called the “Angel of the mighty counsel”.

Quintus Septimius Florens Tertullianus, anglicised as Tertullian (c. AD 160 – c. AD 225 AD) – Jesus is the ‘Angel’ that spake to Moses from the midst of the bush.

Roman Catholic New American Bible with Footnotes [along with Douay Rheims], 1986: - Jesus is the “Lord’s Angel”, and “Angel of the LORD”, and etc.

Charles Buck (AD 1771 – AD 11 Aug 1815) Jesus is called “Angel” and “Archangel”.

John Butterworth, minister (born AD 1727- died AD 1803) – Jesus is “Michael”.

Alexander Cruden (AD May 31, 1699 – AD November 1, 1770) – Jesus is called “Angel”.

Thomas Taylor (AD 15 May 1758 – AD 1 November 1835) – Jesus is “Michael”.

Patrick Fairbairn (AD 28 January 1805 – AD 6 August 1874) – Jesus is “Michael”.

William Baxter Godbey (AD June 3, 1833 - AD September 12, 1920) cites Dr. Clarke that Jesus is “Michael”.

Matthew Pool[e] – (AD 1624 – AD 1679) – Jesus is “Michael”.

Sir William Smith (AD 20 May 1813 – AD 7 October 1893) – Jesus is “Michael” and cites others Luther, Hengstenberg, etc.

Thomas Coke (AD 9 September 1747 – AD 2 May 1814) – Jesus is “Michael”.

John Guyse (AD 1680 - AD 1761) – Jesus is “Michael”, and called “Angel”, etc

Elhanan Winchester (AD 1751 in Brookline, Massachusetts – AD April 18, 1797) – Jesus is “Michael”.

George Sale (AD 1697, Canterbury, Kent, England – AD 1736, London, England) ; George Psalmanazar (AD 1679? - AD 1763),; Archibald Bower (AD 17 January 1686 – AD 3 September 1766) ; George D. Shelvocke (baptised AD 1 April 1675 - AD 30 November 1742) ; John Campbell (AD 1708 - AD 1775); John Swinton (AD 1703 - AD 1777) – Jesus is “Michael”.

The Church of England Magazine. Under the superintendence of the clergymen of the United Church of England and Ireland. Vol. IV. No. 85; January 6, 1838. By James Burns. – Jesus is “Michael”.

Robert Hawker (AD 1753 – AD 1827) – Jesus is “Michael” and “Archangel”.

Samuel Horsley (AD 15 September 1733 – AD 4 October 1806) – Jesus is “Michael”.

The London Encyclopedia, or Universal Dictionary … 1839. – Jesus is “Michael”.

The Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible; Volume 4; M-P, Revised, Full-Color Edition; - cites that many Protestants, Hengstenberg, etc that Jesus is “Michael”.

Zondervan NIV Study Bible (Fully Revised): Wide Margin Loose-Leaf Edition; copyright 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. – Jesus is the “angel of the Lord”, etc.

Hermann Witsius (Herman Wits or in Latin Hermannus Witsius) (AD 12 February 1636 – AD 22 October 1708) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Reinerus Vogelsangius (AD 1610 - AD 1679) – Jesus is “Michael”.

Johannes Cloppenburg (AD 1592 - AD 1652) - Jesus is Michael the “Angel of the Lord”.

Ralph Griffiths (AD c.1720 – AD September 28, 1803) – Jesus is “Michael”.

Campegius Vitringa Sr., or Kempe Vitringa[1] (born at Leeuwarden, May 16, 1659; died at Franeker, March 31, 1722) – Jesus is “Michael” the “Archangel”.

Martin Luther (AD 10 November 1483 – AD 18 February 1546) – Jesus is “Michael”.

Philipp Melanchthon (AD 16 February 1497 – AD 19 April 1560) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Johann Wigand (ca. AD 1523 - AD 21 October 1587) – Jesus is “Michael”.

David Chytraeus or Chyträus (26 February 1530, Ingelfingen – 25 June 1600, Rostock) – Jesus is “Michael”.

Giovanni Diodati or Deodati (AD 6 June 1576 – AD 3 October 1649) - Jesus is “Michael”.

...[to be continued]...

#117 One Baptism, May 2, 2015
  18. One Baptism

Andrew Willet (AD 1562 – AD 4 December 1621) - Jesus is “Michael”.

William Miller (AD February 15, 1782 – AD December 20, 1849) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Carl L. Beckwith, - Jesus is “Michael”.

Robert W. Bertram (AD 27 March 1921 - AD 13 March 2003) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Dr. Frances N. Lee (AD 1934 - AD Friday 23rd December, 2011) - - Jesus is “Michael”.

David Harold Chilton (AD 1951 – AD 1997) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Milton Spenser Terry (AD 1840 - AD 1914) - Jesus is “Michael”.

George Whitefield - December 27 [O.S. December 16] 1714 – September 30, 1770) speaks by symbol, Jesus is our “Michael”.

James Petigru Boyce (AD 1827 – AD 1888) citing John Pye-Smith, Jesus is “probably” “Michael”.

The Rev Dr John Pye-Smith FRS, FGS (AD 25 May 1774 - AD 5 February 1851) - Jesus is “probably” “Michael”.

Christmas Evans (AD 25 December 1766 – AD 19 July 1838) – Jesus is “Michael”.

The Christian Gleaner and Domestic Magazine
    The Christian Gleaner and Domestic Magazine for 1825, Volume II; London; published by B. J. Holdsworth, 18, St. Paul's Churchyard. – Jesus is “Michael”.

Carl Ferdinand Wilhelm Walther (AD October 25, 1811 – AD May 7, 1887) - Jesus is “Michael”.

John Gill (AD 23 November 1697 – AD 14 October 1771) – Jesus is “Michael”.

Charles Spurgeon (AD 9 June 1834 – AD 31 January 1892) Jesus is the “True Michael”.

Matthew Henry (AD 18 October 1662 – AD 22 June 1714) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Thomas Adams (AD 1583 – AD 1653) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Heinrich [Henry] Bullinger (AD 18 July 1504 – AD 17 September 1575) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Isaac Watts (AD 17 July 1674 – AD 25 November 1748) - Jesus is “Michael”.

William Kinkade (AD 22nd Sept. 1783 - AD 20th Sept. 1832) [became Arian later; Heresy] - Jesus is “Michael”.

Jonathan Edwards (AD October 5, 1703 – AD March 22, 1758) - Jesus is “Michael”.

1560/1599 Geneva Study Bible - Jesus is “Michael”.

John [Jean] Calvin "(born Jehan Cauvin: AD 10 July 1509 – AD 27 May 1564) - Jesus is “Michael” and does not disagree with others who see the same.

Francois Du Jon aka "Franciscus Junius (born François du Jon, AD 1 May 1545 – AD 13 October 1602) - Jesus is “Michael”.

John Wesley (AD 28 June [O.S. 17 June] 1703 – AD 2 March 1791) - Jesus is “Michael”.

John Brown of Haddington (AD 1722 – AD 19 June 1787) - Jesus is “Michael”.

James Wood (AD 1751 – AD 1840) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Ernst Wilhelm Theodor Herrmann Hengstenberg (AD October 20, 1802, Fröndenberg – AD May 28, 1869, Berlin- Jesus is “Michael”.

Wikipedia, The Online Encyclopedia – Michael (Archangel); subsection - “Protestant Views” – cites John A. Lees, and Hengstenberg, Jesus is “Michael”.

International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, comment on section “Michael” by John A. Lees. - Jesus is “Michael”.

John Bunyan (AD 28 November 1628 – AD 31 August 1688) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Henry Ainsworth (AD 1571 – AD 1622) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Thomas Watson (c. AD 1620 – AD 1686) - Jesus is “Michael”.

James Glasgow D.D. (AD 27 May 1805 – AD 1890 ) - Jesus is “Michael”.

James Hastings (AD 1852 – AD 1922) and George Cunninghame Monteath Douglas (AD 1826 – AD 1904- Jesus is “Michael”.

Thomas Hobbes Scott (17 April 1783 – 1 January 1860) - Jesus may indeed be “Michael” as “many” others say.

Hezekiah Holland (born ca. AD 1617, living AD 1660) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Adam Clarke (AD 1760 or AD 1762 – AD 1832) - Jesus is “Michael”.

George Balderston Kidd (Cottingham, near Hull, AD 28 July 1794 – AD 1852) - Jesus is “Michael”.

James Durham (AD 1622 – AD 1658) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Bryce Johnston (AD 1747 - AD 1805) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Vine's Expository Dictionary, by William Edwy Vine Section: "archangel” – the “archangels” “voice” is the “voice” of Jesus.

Thomas Haweis (AD 1 January 1734 - AD February 11, 1820) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Abingdon Bible Commentary, 1929; Editor, Edwin Lewis (AD 1881 – AD 1959) was an American Methodist theologian primarily associated with Drew University in New Jersey. Others involved - Frederick Carl Eiselen; David G. Downey. - Jesus is “Michael”.

Johann [John] Peter Lange (AD 10 April 1802 in Sonneborn (now a part of Wuppertal) – AD 9 July 1884), and Elijah Richard Craven (AD Mar. 28 1824, in Washington D.C. - AD Jan. 5 1908, in Philadelphia, Pa) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Thomas Robinson (AD 1813/14 - AD 1890) - Jesus is “Michael”.

Johann Friedrich Haug ((AD * 1680, AD † 18. May 1753) and The Berlenburger Bibel [aka 'Berleb. Bible', 'Berleburger Bibel', etc.] is in the years AD 1726 - AD 1742) - Jesus is “Michael”.

And I am sure there are more, but I got tired...

#118 One Baptism, May 2, 2015
  19. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know why the SDA can hold on to such a nutcase, could it be because they are a cult?

Ellen G. White
    By Dr. Robert Morey
    Category: Cults
    There is only one fundamental issue between Evangelicals and Seventh-day Adventists: Was Ellen G. White a prophetess of God? She was either whom she claimed to be or she was a liar or a nut case. There are no other logical options.
    I. Her Claims:
    “God was speaking through clay. In these letters which I write, in the testimonies I bear, I am presenting to you that which the Lord has presented to me. I do not write an article in the paper expressing merely my own ideas. They are what God has opened before me in vision–the precious rays of light shining from the throne.”
    E.G. WHITE TESTIMONIES, vol. 3, p. 63.
    “When I send you a testimony of warning and reproof, many of you declare it to be merely the opinion of Sister White. You have thereby insulted the Spirit of God.”
    E.G. WHITE TESTIMONIES, Vol. 5, p. 66l.
    “Those who are reproved by the Spirit of God should not rise up against the humble instrument. It is God and not an erring mortal, who has spoken to save them from ruin.”
    TESTIMONY FOR THE CHURCH, Vol. 3, p. 257.
    “Seventh Day Adventists hold that Ellen G. White performed the work of a true prophet during the seventy years of her public ministry. As Samuel was a prophet, as Jeremiah was a prophet, as John the Baptist, so we believe that Mrs. White was a prophet to the church of Christ today.”
    THE ADVENT REVIEW & HERALD (l0/4/l928)
    II. The Evidence:
    What of White’s Prophecies? Did she predict the Second Coming of Christ? Yes she did!
    l843 “I have seen that the l843 chart was directed by the hand of the Lord and that it should not be altered, that the figures were as he wanted them.”
    Early Writings, p. 64, l882 ed.
    l844 “We heard the voice of God like many waters, which gave us the day and hour of Jesus’ coming.”
    A Word To The Little Flock, p. l4, l847 ed.
    l845 “It is well known that many were expecting the Lord to come at the 7th month, l845. That Christ would then come we firmly believed. A few days before the time past…Ellen was with the band at Carver, Mass., where she saw in vision, that we should be disappointed.”
    A Word To The Little Flock, p.22, l847 ed.
    l849 “Now time is almost finished and what we have been 6 years learning they will have to learn in months.”
    Early Writings, p. 57.
    l856 “I was shown the company present at the conference. Said the angel: ‘Some food for worms, some subjects of the seven last plagues, some will be alive and remain upon the earth to be translated at the coming of Jesus.”
    TestimoniesFor The Church, vol. I, pp. l3l-l32.
    l862 “The system of slavery, which has ruined our nation, is left to live and stir up another rebellion.”
    Early Writings, p. 256.
    Since White’s predictions of the return of Christ did not come true, we must conclude on the basis of Deut. 18:21-23 that she was a false prophet.
    III. What About White’s Visions?
    The biblical and historical material that White claimed to receive by way of visions was actually stolen from dozens of books. (See: Walter Rea, The White Lie, M&R Pub., 1982, Box 2056, Turlock, Ca. 9538l). The health and nutrition visions were also stolen from medical books of that period. (See: Ronald Numbers, Prophetess of Health, Harper & Row, N.Y., 1976).
    Conclusion
    The only conclusion possible is that Ellen G. White was not only a dishonest woman who plagiarized the works of others, but she was also a false prophet.

#119 Robert William, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
  20. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

He was blameless in the eyes of the Pharisees, but in the eyes of God no such person exists. :tonofbricks:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.