1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why doesnt Baptist Churches support Alcoholics Autonomous

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, May 26, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some churches do not want to support secular organization that way. And that is ok, right and just. I personally let the church building be used by AA but we do not promote it through the church. We also let other organizations use the building as well that are not spiritually oriented. It is our way of being part of the community.

I would never support it as something the church should be a part of. There are much better organizations that meet the mission of the church.

2. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

I agree...I do think though that for the Christian TRUE Repentance and a closer walk with God should be enough.

I smoked cigarettes (maybe 6 a day) for 10 years and weed for 8 although not a lot (never been drunk, don't like anything that controlled me) till I got saved. I quit both within 2 weeks, cause I was spirit filled and didn't want to offend God who was in me. If more people had this outlook and yielded to the Holy Spirits work in their life, they wouldn't need AA or CR...

I have found many of these types of people who have addictions juts SUBSTITUTE one addiction for another...coffee, soda, energy drinks, sugar, smokes, etc...they are never fully recovered...much like the bible says about the one who CLEANS HIS OWN HOUSE...then 7 more demons take over. Matt 12:43-45