1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why doesn't God heal amputees?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by lori4dogs, May 4, 2010.

1. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

I believe malcius ear qualifies, Maybe not an exact definition. I also believe Christ healing of the man with the withered hand qualifies. I do not know for sure and haven't read that passage in a while, but doesn't it mention something about having grown?

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No I don't. Jesus cazy glued back a soldier's ear. And normalized a person's hand. Didn't grow back from where it was missing from nothing. Which makes me wonder. If a person is an amputee on earth will his new body also be missing a body part after the resurrection? I don't think the bible mentions one way or another.

3. RAdam

RAdam New Member

I get that you like being sarcastic, but you really border on blasphemy in my view.

4. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How so?.............................

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If the loss of limb occurs as a result of sin, why would that person's resurrected body still have that imperfection? That makes no sense.

6. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

You are entitled to that point of view.

7. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Which doesn't mean He never did. The bottom line is, you or me don't know and can't know.

8. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

He is not actually trying to make sense. Right now I am not sure where he is going on this...

9. ReformedBaptist

I agree. :thumbs:

10. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good! How So?

11. ReformedBaptist

In your jesting/sarcasm I actually thought you denied Christ until you clarified yourself.

Just my impression. You have to face GOd with that someday, not me, so I won't be your judge.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Jesus healed the ten lepers. It doesn't say how advanced their leprosy was. But it can be as advanced as to be missing appendages such as a hand, nose, foot, etc. Often he healed the lepers.
    He also healed the lame. How and why were they lame? Did they have a missing leg? Perhaps. There were hundreds of lame that he healed. Surely there were some that had a missing appendage out of those hundreds. These would be your amputees.

13. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh. Its the obvious usual complaints by the Athiest against christians. I've heard it all. And that one is the most regugitated. I thought it was funny to bring it up. But I can see how you might think I actually thought that. The fact is no one knows what Jesus did outside of scriptures so the point is really moot isn't it?

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have an answer to the question, which has often been my own question to those who fall for charlatans doing stage acts, having people throw down their crutches and run away and such fraud. One guy I heard on radio once said a colleague of his had a glass eye and he was going to cover his real eye and write something on a blackboard the other guy was going to read with his glass eye only. LOL. Why wasn't he 'healeld' of his eye disorder instead of having a glass one? and does it really get by anyone that he was going to "read" what his buddy wrote?

Anyway, an amputee being healed on a stage or an altar would be the proof of a miracle that they claim to present... but it ain't there to present. I will continue to tell them that's what it will take to convince me.

15. ReformedBaptist

Yes. No one know what He did outside what God revealed to us in the Bible. So, i don't speculate.

16. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

However, we do know that he did much more than what was recorded, as John said that all the books could not contain what he did.

17. JTornado1

JTornado1 Member

In Luke 22:49-51, Jesus healed the high priest's slave whose ear had been cut off with a sword. That's the only instance in the Bible in which an amputee was healed. :jesus::godisgood:

18. RAdam

RAdam New Member

In being sarcastic you are saying things like Jesus put his ear back on with crazy glue and that it's all mythology and all of that. I do sarcasm, but some of that stuff is just a little too far, especially without debunking or saying something about how stupid it is.

19. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Good point. One might ask the atheist, "if God did heal and amputee, would you then believe he exists, and trust his Son as your Savior?"

20. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Another question on this video concerns the starving children of the world. Jesus said that we should have faith in Him as Lord and Savior and by this we would have everlasting life with Him. The poverty and starvation in this world is not for God to fix. Jesus said for us to feed the hungry and clothe the naked. I think if we fail to do so we are going to be asked at the judgement why we lacked love and concern for these people.