1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why doesn't God stop rape or those who hurt the innocent?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When reformed persons speak up your primary reaction has been...that is so arrogant. There have been several times where you have been honest and objective enough to point out unfair statements being posted.

I have not seen as much the times of agreement. Part of that is that as people we mostly respond to those things we oppose more than the things we agree on.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't agree that he seeks to dictate anything to God, but I do agree with your answer that it is built on philosophy. The issue of love (which I agree with him on) really has nothing to do with the question asked. The correct answer to the question asked of him is "I don't know". None of us do. We can't explain away why God allows a murder to take place. This is where faith comes in as we have to trust that God was in control of the situation and allowed it to happen for a reason that we may never know or comprehend.

When we try to explain the unexplainable we come across as foolish, imo.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    yes I agree we have to trust God 100% as in Genesis 18:25 The God of all the earth will do right and He knows the things that we don't know and yet it in His Providence He weaves them together in a way that all works together for good not the evil acts themselves ...they are not good in and of themselves but God works through them to accomplish all His Holy purposes.

#23 Iconoclast, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I kinda get what you're saying, but the answer can be "I don't know" in a specific sense, but certainly not in a general sense. In a general sense God allows free agents to act accordingly.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Good answer Webdog.

We do know from scripture that at least sometimes God allows evil to happen that good may come from it, such as the story of Joseph's brothers who sold him into slavery. This was a terrible sin, but resulted in Joseph saving his entire family, and probably many millions of other persons during the 7 years of famine that came upon the world in those days.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except that since th Fall of Adam, NONE have that capacity any more remaining to do a "total free will choice", as sinners left to their natural sin state will keep rejecting Christ!

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think the answer to the OP is that God has permitted/allowed for the fall and its effect of cursing creation to go on, but that he intervemed by the Cross of christ to provise the solution to all of that, and one day, when jesus returns, ALL will be amde right once again!

Right now, satan has been put on a leash by god, but still is alive and well on planet earth!