1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why dont people answer questions?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Jun 9, 2010.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Targus never belittled veterans. You can't find a post to back that statement up. You are filled with hate and your judgment is clouded. You need to step back and realize that.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In case you are not aware of it, retired military are subject to recall at any time

3. targus

targus New Member

That one does not correct your incorrect conclusions does not make your conclusions correct.

I didn't insist on anything. I was merely pointing out that you in fact did not ask a question.

YES

4. targus

targus New Member

How convienient for you that you were able to create a strawman to misdirect the conversation form the difference between your talk and your walk.

I was pointing out the contradiction between your usual pontification on the role of government and your disdain for anyone who accepts any benefit from the government - and you relying upon the government for health care.

Perhaps if you had the strength of your convictions as some others do - you would provide for your own health care either through purchased insurance, insurance provided as compensation for working for a private company, or paying out of your own pocket.

Those of us who CHOOSE to do so instead of accepting government benefits simply because they are available are living out the standard that you exempt yourself from.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

How insane. Part of the benefit for those that serve is the peace of mind knowing they and their immediate family will be taken care of. Those who dedicate themselves to it until they're able to retire have earned that.
    It's honorable for a country to do this. It's how ours works. It's not just a job. When someone is in the military, their whole family is in it with them. I can't believe anyone who has actually been in it or a part of it would even begin to consider the idea that a vet should have to worry about him/her self or family not being able to afford the basics of life when they have agreed to risk their own lives for the people of this country. I'm really sad that anyone would say that it isn't right for vets to accept what they were offered in return for their dedication!

6. targus

targus New Member

I am not saying that.

I am merely pointing out the inconsistency of ONE PARTICULAR vet who pontificates on this board and demeans others who accept various benefits from the government for whatever reasons.

Perhaps if he toned down his rhetoric and dropped the air of superiority the glaring contradiction between his talk and his actions would be more palettable.

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the context of the quote in the other thread ... you are saying it for one and implying the same for all. Face it!

Take the plank out of your eye before you worry about the spec in others eyes.

8. targus

targus New Member

Please cite the actual posts where I have made any such implication.

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Pleaseeeeeeeee, don't play the ignorant card again. It was your post ... so please review your posts and I believe you can figure it out.

Alexander Pope said, "A man should never be ashamed to own he has been wrong, which is but saying, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday."

#29 Crabtownboy, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
  10. targus

targus New Member

You are the one making the accusation so it is incumbant upon you to offer the evidence.

Or are you ashamed to admit that you are wrong?

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not when I am wrong.

How about you?

12. targus

targus New Member

I am always willing to admit when I am wrong.

Now, will you please provide the evidence of your accusation so that I can admit my errror?

Of failing that will you admit your error in your accusation?

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My walk and talk are exactly the same. First of all, I purchase my own insurance, and have for decades. As has been told to you by many people, VA care is not free. Sometimes it costs more than civilian care. Ninty percent of the the few times I go to a doctor is with civilian care.

Your motivations and attitudes are disguisting.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That post is nothing but a bold face lie.

15. targus

targus New Member

And what are my motivations?

What are my attitudes?

Talking in generalities adds nothing to the discussion.

16. targus

targus New Member

Really?

Can you provide evidence of that?

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You have no idea what I am filled with, and you do not have the vaguest idea what you are talking about. There are occasions where righteous anger is warranted, and this is one of them. If you want to realize the price these guys paid, why don't you join?

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

As this post points out, you do not understand the system. The VA only compensates for injuries that were connected to the service. Otherwise, veterans pay if they can get care at all.

Individuals that never served, that either sat in their school rooms or comfortable civilian jobs (which is fine if that is their choice) while others died or got injured protecting their freedoms, then turn right around and complain about the benefits they receive, if you cannot see that is wrong, then you need a dose of reality. But, more likely than not, not one finger will be lifted to serve.

You and the individual who started this controversy can continue to wave your flags and go to 4th of July parades to pay your debt.

19. targus

targus New Member

Do you read the other posts before adding your own?

If not, I suggest that you start to do so.

If you will go back and read through this thread you will see the error in your statement above.

Post #23 is a good place to look.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And here is a great place for you to start. Stand on the coast of Fla, say around Jacksonville, jump in the ocean, and swim until you get to the next land mass.