1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why I am KJV Only (Page 21)

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by skanwmatos, Apr 15, 2004.

1. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Still waiting for Askjo to respond.

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I hope you brought your sleeping bag. :D

3. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Its amazing how these KJVOs spout off, but when you show them the truth they turn tail and run off like scared pups!

4. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Askjo, why do you continue to run away in terror from the above posts? What are you so afraid of?

5. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Earth to Askjo! Earth to Askjo!

6. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Why is this book not recommend? </font>[/QUOTE]Why is it not recommend by only one person? Simple. He looked up a word and found what he thinks is the wrong Hebrew word.

Why does he think it is the wrong Hebrew word? Simple. The Stronger Strong's, like its predecessor, follows the Hebrew text of Bomberg (ben Chayyim, the one which is behind the KJV). If a person is reading the NIV, and using the text behind the NIV (ben Asher), when he looks up the word he will find the "wrong" Hebrew word, the word behind the KJV instead of the word behind the NIV! Some people claim that makes the concordance "wrong." There are 8 such places where the ben Asher text differs from the ben Chayyim text and this "reviewer" will probably say all 8 of those places are "wrong" because they follow the reading of the KJV instead of the reading of the NIV.

It is funny that Askjo, a KJVO, is saying he will reject Stronger Strong's on the basis of ONE (count 'em, only ONE) negative review, and that from an NIV totin' liberal! Askjo is now taking the advice of an NIV totin' liberal about which Hebrew text is "right" and which is "wrong." Does this mean that Askjo has now abandoned his KJV and has joined the ranks of the NIV totin' liberals?

If Askjo will reject the Stronger Strong's on the basis of a charge of ONE error (and that by an NIV totin' liberal) does that mean he will reject the Old Strong's even more for the 100s of documented errors, such as the one in Genesis 2:18 where the Old Strong's misidentifies the Hebrew word behind "meet" as being ezer (5826) even though we all know it is really the words neged (5048) and ke (3509.1)?

Seriously, Askjo, as you have not posted anything more regarding the Hebrew reading I posted, can I assume you capitulate and now know that all Hebrew manuscripts and texts read "ke + neged" for "meet" and that it means "meet," "the same as" or "comparable to" just as the NKJV and the KJV say?

See what happens when you listen a little instead of just assuming you and your badly flawed concordance/lexicon are right? Now you know something all your KJVO friends don't know. You will be much sought after for your wisdom and understanding because you now have a better understanding of what the bible (KJV) says. [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Mr. R. Kohlenberger and James Swanson!!! Why are you interested in them?

7. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Why are you still avoiding the question? Are you afraid? Do you know you can't answer? Are you afraid to make even more a fool of yourself than you already have? Why do you keep running away from the issue? Are you afraid you will lose all faith in God if you are proven to be wrong regarding your silly KJVO position? Why do you keep running away?

You said in the other thread that you would answer. Why did you lie?

8. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I asked you about these men, but you refused to answer my question concerning Strongest Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible that you recommend.

9. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

I don't know nor care about those men. I recommended a resource book for you that is much better than the one you are using. It corrects most of the errors in the old Strong's.

Why do you continue to avoid the issue? Why can't you truthfully answer my posts? Why do you keep kicking up a dust cloud to hide behind? Are you afraid? Why do you keep running away from the discussion?

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do a search on Kohlenberger. He is a very reputable man. I have never heard of Swanson.

11. Askjo

Askjo New Member

12. Askjo

Askjo New Member

That's your problem.
    The problem that you do not know them nor care about them is that these 2 men are WRONG!

13. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Once again you run away from the truth. You say that the Stronger Strong's is wrong in stating that "meet for" is translated from the Hebrew word "kenegdo" and that the old Strong's is correct in saying that "meet for" is translated from "ezer" when we know it is not. Anyone who has even a tiny, limited ability to read Hebrew will know immediately that "kenegdo" is the word in question, not "ezer." Anyone with any good concordance and lexicon will know immediately that "kenegdo" is the word in question, not "ezer." But you continue to hide from the truth of God's word. You are like a two year old who, when he is told something he doesn't want to hear, puts his fingers in his ears and shouts "la la la la la la la I can't hear you."

So, once again you prove that you are ignorant of Hebrew and don't know what you are talking about. You prove that you are too proud to admit you are ignorant and don't know what you are talking about.

And, once again, you run away from the discussion and hide behind your ignorance.

Typical KJVO. You say you believe the bible, but in reality, you not only don't believe it, you don't even know what it says.

I feel sorry for anyone who listens to you. They will be dragged into error and heresy by your deceitful teaching.

14. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Askjo is still afraid to answer, and is hiding under the bed.

15. Askjo

Askjo New Member

[​IMG] You keep typing. [​IMG]
    Thank you calling me, "ignorant" but you ignore what the Bible warns you. :(
    That's what you accuse me. That is what you prejudge against me.
    You accuse me here again.

16. Askjo

Askjo New Member

No!

17. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Yes, you are. If you were not afraid to answer, you would do so. The fact that you keep running away proves you are a liar and a blowhard.

18. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

And you keep running away like the coward you are.
    You are ignorant of the bible, manuscript evidence, Hebrew, Greek, translation, and just about everything else. And I don't ignore what the bible says. That is the difference between you and me. I love and obey the bible and you hate and disobey the bible. That is why you ignore "be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" and why the bible says this about you, "But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant."
    No, that is what you have proven by your idiotic behavior.
    No, I just state a fact about you and those who have the misfortune to sit under your teaching. If you could answer you would answer.

19. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

And you claim to preach to 20,000 people? My how you write with such astounding intelligence! Where did you get such vocabulary?

Did you get into a lot of fist fights as a child?

Your talk reminds me of the school yard at an elementary school. I thought you were more mature than that. Or am I wrong?

20. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Wrong.
    Thank you. I was beginning to think you lacked the perception to notice.
    English is my native language.
    No. I have been crippled from birth.
    They discussed textual criticism and manuscript evidence at your elementary school? I am impressed. But that begs the question. Why don't you know more about the subject?
    "Mature." A buzz word used by the inept to try to discredit those they are incapable of competing with.
    Most of the time.