1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why I am KJV Only (Page 21)

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by skanwmatos, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Askjo

Askjo New Member

My argument and your arugment refer to the Strongest Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. Your arugment on this book! My arugment on these editors of this book! No one of us WIN!

2. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

No, Askjo, the discussion is about two things. The first is the meaning of "ezer kenegdo" in Genesis 2:18.

The second is the error in the old Strong's which identifies the Hebrew word underlying "meet for" as "ezer" when in reality "ezer" underlies "help" but "meet for" is translated from "ezer kenegdo."

You have yet to address either of those core issues.

Nobody has offered any arguments in favor or against the editors of the Stronger Strong's. That has been your smokescreen to avoid the real issue.

Now, are you willing to discuss the two issues? The meaning of "ezer kenegdo" and the error in the old Strong's or will you continue to run away from the discussion?

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Skan, quite a strong statement coming from a Christian "I don't know nor care about those men." Are we not to care for others, as we become more "Christ-like"? Just a thought.

You certainly do not have to agree with me, I'm just making an observation.

Maybe all of us on this board ought to be a little more "caring" and a little less trying to win the game of proof of knowledge. Just another thought.

4. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Don't be shy, Skanwmatos, tell us how you really feel!

5. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

&lt;Sigh&gt; Phillip, you have to read with understanding. You have to include context. Askjo accused me of being obsessed with the two gentlemen and asked me why I cared so much about them, which I never said nor hinted. I responded by denying that I cared for them (in the obsessive way he claimed). That does not mean I am callus toward them or that I am not "Christ-like" or that I don't care for others.

Come one! You can't possible read what I actually said and come to such a ridiculous conclusion!

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

From http://www.baptistboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/4/1478/5.html?

Did you not write the quote?

Later you write at http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/4/1540/4.html
    Wrong. </font>[/QUOTE]Now which is correct the first post or the second? Are you telling the truth in both posts are can we accuse you of being a liar?

7. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Nice try, but your claim that I claim (present tense) to preach to 20,000 people appears as if I preach to that many at one time. Those 20,000 people were in groups from anywhere from a dozen to several hundred. When you street preach several times a week it doesn't take long for it to add up.

So, if you can lay your pride and self-righteousness aside for just a moment maybe we can get back to the purpose of this thread, to dispel the myth of KJVOism.

8. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Earth to Askjo. Earth to Askjo. Do you plan on responding to me post posted April 21, 2004 06:55 PM?

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think its all pride and self-righteousness Skan.
    Your self-confidence comes across as arrogance and coarseness (of which there must be some unless you are the Lord).

You are greatly talented and need a little mellowing to be more effective.

Matthew 10:16.

Be kind, I'm old enough to be your father.

HankD

10. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Earth to Askjo. Earth to Askjo. Do you plan on responding to my post dated April 21, 2004 06:55 PM?

11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Skan, if you read what I wrote I did not specify how many at one time or the length of time. I knew you meant in the aggregate. But what I am trying to point out is that to call a person a liar is rather obtuse. I am sure you mean well. But sometimes it doesn’t come across that way.

I believe that scripture teaches we must be humble and that includes exercising Philippians 2. Obviously you are sharp in English and many other areas. But to call someone ignorant might be stating a fact. But that could be stated about anyone depending on the area. I am not the smartest man in English but I have been published twice in my area of expertise and am writing a book at this time on the subject. I am sure I could call you ignorant in that area. we could call each other ignorant. But none of us would not appreciate that. I think it is better to take the road Jesus did when he humbled himself and left that as our example. Paul writes in Phil. 2 that we are to count others as more important than ourselves.

I can assure that is difficult for me. But God blessed me with a tremendous wife who does that well. I know I am learning. But I am not there.

12. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I will assure you I have more than I need. Pray for me that God will take that away.

I am challenged by:

"There was a day when I died:

• Died to George Mueller: to his tastes, his opinions, his
    preferences and his will.

• Died to the world—its approval or censure.

• Died to the approval or blame of even my brethren and
    friends.

Since then I have studied only to show myself approved
    unto God."

13. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

For some reason you seem to think this thread is about you. It isn't about you. Its about exposing the fallacy of KJVOism. Now that you have vented your spleen, can we get back to the subject?

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You seem to be a willing participant. So where does that put you?

15. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

It puts me in the position of trying to ignore all of your personal animosity and get back to the issue.

16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

And you have none?

17. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

None. I am just trying to discuss the subject of the thread. I am not sure why you are so angry, or feel so threatened by me, but your self esteem is not the issue here. "Why KJVO" is the issue.

18. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am not angry. I am just trying to communicate that I think you have shown disrespect to others by taunting them and calling them names. I think if you will go back and review some of what you have written you will see what I mean.

19. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

I think Askjo can take care of himself. I don't think he is as great a whimp as you seem to.

Now can we get back to the discussion?

20. Askjo

Askjo New Member

If you believe the Strongest Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible is right one, these 2 men are right. If I think they are wrong, this book is wrong. I do not have to answer your question because I am aware of Mr. R. Kohlenberger.