1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why I am KJV Only

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Jim Ward, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Let's say that someone says: "The NKJV is the Bible for our mother tongue."

Any argument that you try to use to prove their assertion wrong equally applies to yours. In other words, none of your arguments hold up under the fire of proving.

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

No. Let's say that someone says: "The NKJV is the Bible for our mother tongue." </font>[/QUOTE]The NKJV is what 2 Cor. 2:17 (KJV) means because of the 2,000 adulterated words. :eek:

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Come on over to "Verses and Words left out of MVs" and post your individual complaints, let's look at them.

4. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

You have yet to post ONE verse which proves the NKJV has even ONE word not derived from the TR, let along 2000. You have proven yourself a liar.

5. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Let's say that someone says: "The NKJV is the Bible for our mother tongue." </font>[/QUOTE]The NKJV is what 2 Cor. 2:17 (KJV) means because of the 2,000 adulterated words. :eek: </font>[/QUOTE]That verse says absolutely nothing about the KJV or the NKJV. You are guilty of abusing God's Word for your own vain gain... which by the way is the sin condemned by that verse.

6. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

You have yet to post ONE verse which proves the NKJV has even ONE word not derived from the TR, let along 2000. You have proven yourself a liar. </font>[/QUOTE]Skan, Just curious and no means of offense here, but are you serious when you make remarks such as "You have proven yourself a liar." or is this your way of making a joke or making light of the situation? If not, calling someone a "liar" is awfully personal. Just because someone believes something does not necessarily make them a liar.
    Just curious :D

7. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

I really don't care what he believes, but when he states, categorically, that he has "proof" of his false claims, but refuses to post that so-called "proof" then I am left with no alternative than to believe him to be lying. He doesn't post such "proof" because he doesn't have such proof.

8. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The real concern is that Askjo has demonstrated a pattern of this type of behavior since joining the BB.

9. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's typical of a lotta KJVOs-long on rhetoric, short on facts, evidence, or proof.

10. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Will Kinney showed you his answers concerning MVs.

Everett Fowler listed many verses from MVs and Critical texts omitting these names of our Lord Jesus in the New Testament 200 times.

The NKJV on Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."

The KJV on Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."

Look at the word, "comparable" in NKJV. This word was NOT in any Hebrew text.

11. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You have yet to post ONE verse which proves the NKJV has even ONE word not derived from the TR, let along 2000. You have proven yourself a liar. </font>[/QUOTE]NKJV changed too many words such as changing:
    "soul" to "yourself"
    "you" to "one"
    "me" to "you"
    and more...

Added:
    "open your hearts"
    "With her head"
    "comparable"
    and more...

They are NOT in any Hebrew/Greek texts.

12. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

gotcha!

I skimmed his posts and didn't catch that he had "proof". Well, in reality, I guess I did; I was in denial.

Yes, by all means, let him provide it. That's why I invited him over to post his complaints. [​IMG]

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And with that we hit the 20-page limit and must close this thread.

IF (I pray not) there is something that needs still to be said, please start a new thread.

Topic Closed.