1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why I am #NEVERTRUMP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by blessedwife318, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

You complained Trump is white. That he is male. That he is old.. And, nearly your whole complaint about Trump, other than your isms, is you don't like how he talks. You like better the way other used-car salesmen talk.

I haven't seen any evidence Trump is racist. He's accused of being racist because of his concern for border integrity. The only racists are Trump's critics who think we shouldn't protect our boarders if the invaders aren't white.

Here's a reason to vote for Trump, he has provided a list of good candidates for the Supreme Court. Many of his positions are classic Republican, such as his position on healthcare reform (health savings accounts, letting insurance companies sell across state lines, etc.). He's picked a good VP. He has selected number of great advisers.

The best time for the RATs to have bailed on the GOP was when McCain won the nomination.

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I pointed out that he is old, white, and male unless you want to argue those facts?
    I also pointed out that the left has always painted Conservatives as.. wait for it "Old, white and male." Add in his bigotry, misogyny, and ignorance and you have the perfect caricature the left has of the Right.

3. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh you mean the list he walked back already? http://theresurgent.com/donald-trump-is-already-walking-back-his-supreme-court-list/
    As was already pointed out (By a Trump supporter in this tread) he can contradict himself within 10 seconds. And I'm suppose to believe that he can pick good judges, when even Regan stumbled on that one.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fact that you assume I was speaking of you speaks volumes. Your assumption is noted :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

The modern Democrat party is built on hating the white male minority. That should be condemned, not pandered to.

7. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump didn't "walk back" the list, although #neverTrump fanatic Eric Ericson claims he did. Trump has been releasing these lists for months now:
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...s-list-of-11-potential-supreme-court-nominees

And of course, it's a list to fill Scalia's seat because it's the one, ummmmmmm, open.

You are wasting your time with this one. In some other thread awhile back, she told me she'd rather Hillary to win. Hopeless care there.

I converted one of these people at work by reminding him that Hillary and Kaine promised to pass or enact by EO (which will stand up to SCOTUS if they win) blanket amnesty within 100 days, and that would render Ted Cruz or any Republican in the future impossible to ever see the inside of the WH.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The goal of Obama's immigration strategy has been, all along, to drastically change the voter demographics of the country, illegally if necessary, in order to do just that...render the election of anyone even approaching being a conservative an impossibility.

The RATs are helping him accomplish his goal. if Hillary is elected, it's game over. I'd rather be dead than watch it happen. Come soon, Lord jesus.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't flatter yourself. Your mischaracterization (just a polite word for being dishonest)of Trump's comments at every turn is the issue. Not me.

10. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a new one. posting videos of him speaking is now a mischaracterization. I learn so much interacting with Trump supporters. Thank you for that new bit of information. I really appreciate it. :) I'm not sure why you thought you were ever the issue but I'm glad you realized it was Trump we were talking about. :)

11. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually I would have preferred Cruz, but since that is not an option I'm rooting for Castle.
    As far as who is the worse evil I said that in my OP so it's not like it's any shock to anyone. Although that would only be if I was pressed since I would say the difference between them is like .0000001 difference in the level of evil. so I'm going with the idea that "If we must have an enemy at the head of the Government, let it be one whom we can oppose & for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party [conservative] in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures" Hamilton.

12. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

How do you root for Castle, given that he can't win?

The RATs claim to have a problem with Trump's character, yet the vast majority of RATs will vote for Hillary, Johnson , or stay home. Overwhelmingly, they won't vote for Castle, which shows you that for most RATs, it's not really about character.

13. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    since when is winning a requirement for rooting for someone?

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And where do you get this data that "RATS" are going to vote for Hillary? That they don't care about character? Oh wait, you never answer questions that require you to post proof of the things you say. Never mind.

15. Tendor

Tendor Member

BlessedWife:

Ultimately, even if Trump talked a good game, which he doesn't, I could never trust him to do what he says he will do. That is reason enough for me to never support him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed, and how can you trust someone that talks out of both sides of his mouth. The position he holds now can and will change within the next news cycle.
    BTW welcome to the forum. :)

17. Tendor

Tendor Member

Thanks for the welcome. I think it will be fun. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure most Rats will not vote for Hillary - but by voting for a third party - or not voting at all - will make it easier for Hillary to win.

Think of how many Evangelicals refused to vote for Romney simply because he was a Mormon.

In that election - the 5 states/Commonwealths that had the closest results (Romney won only one of them) were within 5% points.

#98 Salty, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has said he doesn't need the #NeverTrump votes. And haven't you heard Revmitchell posted, and Rippon agreed, that Trump is going to win by a landslide?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It aint over till its over! Just ask Mr. Dewey about 1948

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.