1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why I am #NEVERTRUMP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by blessedwife318, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He doesn't need Utah.
    Says he doesn't need a get out the vote effort
    Doesn't need the GOP establishment support
    Says he has principles, doesn't need Conservatives to support him

This list of who he does not need to win seems endless.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan McMullin is going to win Utah.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

3. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Possible win in Utah. McMullin has no chance of winning the election, and is nothing more than a spoiler candidate.

Look at his background: former CIA agent, former Goldman Sachs associate. If the election comes down to McMullin's (and Rick Wilson's) spoiler tactics, Trump would be justified in saying that the election was rigged by the establishment Republicans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He can only be considered a spoiler if Utah would have put Trump over the 270 mark, which at this point it's doubtful that Trump is going to get anywhere near 270 electoral votes. I don't think he will even crack 200.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

McMullin will be lucky to even get on the ballots of a half dozen states. There can be no reason behind getting into the race at this point other than to take some votes away from Trump.

• Like Like x 1
  6. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again it's only a spoiler if Utah would have put Trump over 270, and that is not going to happen, all the 50 states would have to fall just right for Utah to be a spoiler state, and technically since thr idea of Utah being a spoiler is to throw the election to the House, it would be a spoiler for both Clinton and Trump and I fail to see thr problem with that, although it's never going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

So you say. What IS a forgone conclusion is that McMullin literally, cannot possibly win an electoral college majority. At this point all he can do is....prevent Trump from getting it.

McMullin's campaign manager Rick Wilson said it's necessary "to go out and put a bullet in Donald Trump, and that’s a fact.” That's what this is all about.

8. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I'm suppose to have a problem with that Why? I'm a #nevertrump so I don't want him to win. I don't want Hilary either but nothing I can do about that since Trump supporters have handed her the election.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Castle isn't an "option", he is an unrealistic fantasy with no chance which is unwittingly used as an excuse for #NeverTrump-ers AKA used as a cover-up of one's true preference by closet Hillary supporters who "root" for her over Trump but that don't have the guts to admit it.

#Nevertrump-ers (mis)-judgment and denial of the true situation (either Hillary or Trump) never ceases to amaze me. ...For those who keep saying Trump can never win, come up with these excuses to not vote for him, and attempt to blame their forecast of a Hillary victory on those who will vote for him: ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    self fulfilling prophecy.

I hope you are enjoying your book though. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hillary's victory was secured when the GOP refused to take down Trump and nominated him. Trump has said that he doesn't need the #NeverTrump votes. Of course when he loses, he will blame #NeverTrump, the GOP, Mike Pence, the press, basically everybody except himself.

Today he's attacking the press. A couple of days ago it was Obama. A week ago it was Khan. Gee, I don't know, maybe he ought to be attacking Hillary.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes we all know that you are #nevertrump. That was established like 6 pages ago.

The discussion at this point was that McMullin is running as a spoiler, which you disputed. I contend that that's the reason he is getting on ballots. Which btw are states that are strongly Mormom.

13. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I disputed was the idea that Utah alone could be a spoiler state. The only way to make that argument is if Utah would put Trump over 270 which I don't think will be the case.

It is a sad day when Mormons though show more integrity than the American Church. Apparently to them Chracter still matters even if it no longer matters to mainstream evangelicals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, character as in when candidates promise to endorse the RNC nominee but change their mind :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Utah, yeah. But Colorado? Minnesota? Don't think so.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

16. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was a strong Cruz supporter (of course, I am a Texan), but admit I was massively disappointed when he reneged on his agreement to endorse the GOP candidate.

If we don't stand together we will fall apart. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I assume this was a huge deal to you when this happend?

Also note that Trump said he didn't want nor need Cruz's "support?"

But please do tell me how Cruz has not "supported" Trump? He congratulated him for winning, he has made it clear that he does not want to be a write-in candidate, and he asked people not to stay home, but to vote up and down the ballot for freedom and constitution loving candidates.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tendor

Tendor Member

Considering that Trump attacked Cruz's wife and his father during the primaries I am inclined the think that would release him from his promise. My reasoning for this statement is as follows. Ephesians 5:25-28 says:
    25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, 26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. 28 In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
    How would Cruz be showing his love for his wife by endorsing the man that attacked her? That would not be a loving action towards his wife.
    Scripture also says in Exodus 20:12
    Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
    How would endorsing a man you hinted that his father was involved in a presidential assassination be honoring to his father.
    Finally, Ephesians 5:11 says
    Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
    Trump has exposed that there are many areas of darkness in his character. By supporting Trump Cruz would be breaking this commandment from God as well.
    To recap, If Cruz was to support Trump he would be breaking the command to love his wife as Christ loves the church, he would be breaking the command to honor his father by joining to a man who had slandered him, and he would be breaking the command to not take part in the unfruitful works of darkness.

• Like Like x 1
  19. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well stated. As far as I am concerned thr covenant he made to his wife supercededs any other promise he may have made. And of course the commands of Scripture always out weigh promises made.

20. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that Trump's conduct toward Ted Cruz and his wife was unconscionable. But a promise is a promise. There was no condition involved. All candidates agreed to support the GOP candidate regardless of who he was. I think it was quite petty for Ted Cruz to withhold his endorsement. It made him look small and vindictive. And it may well end his political career.

As Ted Cruz is a conservative Christian (Baptist) I think the verse that is much more applicable is Ephesians 4:32 "And be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving each other, just as God also in Christ forgave you."

And for the sake of his own Testimony Ted could try John 13:35 "By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.