1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why i am not KJVO or any other One-Version-Only

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by robycop3, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have a thread started by one gent who says why he's KJV Only. May as well have one from a person telling why he's NOT KJVO nor any other One-Version-Onlyist.

My reasons are quite terse, and cut right to the chase:

1.) There's no scriptural support, not even the first quark of inplication, that supports any One-version-Only idea.

2.) It's plain, from the history of the Bible in English, that God has caused His word to be updated to appear in the language style in use during a given time period. Tyndale wasn't limited to the Anglo-Saxon mss, and there's no reason for US to be limited to an Elizabethan translation, or to any other one version.

In other words, no valid reasons exist to be One-Version-Only, except for PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Everything else is guesswork.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

To be fair I must close both of these threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.