1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why I don't accept Amillennialism

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
    2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
    3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Preterist Amils believe Satan was shut up, sealed and bound in the bottomless pit once Christ rose from the dead.

On the contrary, Scripture teaches no such thing.

"But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?" (Acts 5:3)

".....Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. (Acts 26:17-18)

"And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly." (Romans 16:20)

"To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus." (1 Cor. 5:5)

"Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency." (1 Cor. 7:5)

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." (2 Cor. 11:13-15)

"Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us." (1 Thess.2:18)

"This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
    Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck: Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme. (1 Tim. 1:20)

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world." (1 Peter 5:8)

Furthermore, it is Satan who gives Antichrist his power and authority.

Preterist Amils attempt to skirt that truth by declaring Nero the Antichrist, though he in no way fulfills the many prophecies which declare Antichrist an apostate Christian leader.

And need we mention the fact that there was substantially more blood-letting of Christians by professing Christians through their Inquisitions than was ever perpetrated by the pagan Romans?

And can we dismiss the 20th century as the bloodiest in human history?.....Satan has a curious way of not deceiving the nations.

The Good News for Christians is the fact that Satan cannot take the Elect to Hell, (in that way he is, indeed, bound), though he can do much damage to the unwary and careless child of God.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In fact in 2Thess 2- Satan himself will be the ultimate antichrist with his own retinue of Angelic host to accompany him. no wonder Christ said in Matt 24:24 "to deceive if possible the very elect".

And in 2Cor 4:4 - Satan is the "god of this world" still.

Not just in Luke 4 where he tells Christ that this domain - this earth has been turned over to him.

No text says 'there is only one resurrection" -- but there is a text that speaks of "two" and tells us when the 'first" resurrection is - in Rev 20.

in Christ,

Bob