1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why I Vote Republic....

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FR7 Baptist, Aug 17, 2010.

1. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Neither party wants anything to do with fixing Social Security. Both parties seem to like waging unnecessary wars. Both parties force unfair taxes on the public.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    YES! Now your getting it.

And both parties are bought off by lobbies. So they no longer work for you the citizens & taxpayers.

#22 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what you doing to influence elections in your local area? Are you an active member of your local political party, have you run for office, do you personally know the local candidates and office holders, how involved are you in the political process?

4. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I quoted in another section on this bb that manufacturing output saw its height during the Bush Years, 2008 to be exact. It was the highest level ever.

These 1/2 truths you put out do not help your argument. I do not like the Republican Party, but I do not like these 1/2 truths that implies that Republicans are hurting manufacturing. They have helped manufacturing output.

Remember, manufacturing output=manufacturing not manufacturing jobs=manufacturing.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are saying that those items I listed have nothing to do with companies leaving the US.

No, I do not expect you to work for slave wages, but on the other hand, I do not expect a company to pay me wages and benfits for more than I am worth.

For example, is it true that laid off auto workers will come in and be paid some 90% of thier wages to sit and wait on "community affairs" projects? -

Do you realize how much money an employer must pay for you above and beyond your pay?
    ie FICA, unemployment, ect, ect.

and yes, I have worked in manufacturing

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Red herring.

Alabama is becoming the new hotspot for auto manufacturing.

Why?

No UAW to thoroughly louse up the works.

Manufacturers can afford to build, produce, exist in Alabama--there's no insane per-hour wage costs, and legacy costs aren't sinking the company. ("Big Three," anyone?)

Not to mention there's not the threats of strikes; the basic whiny, discontented mentality; or the overall chicanery that goes with the territory when you start talking "unionized."

You don't end up with a car that costs $1,500 more--yet is a sub-par car to its non-unionized competitors.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rbell, I told you before, stop confusing the liberals with the facts:tongue3:

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what?

My security is not in gold and silver much less funny money.

HankD

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you asking me....if you are then Yes to all but run for office.... I cant due to health issues.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And how about those republicans saying no to tax cuts for small business......there is a real economic stimulator right there.:thumbs:

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asking everyone in general
    and I do commend you for being involved!

as far as health issues - it seems most politicians are sick - above the neck:smilewinkgrin:

#31 Salty, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have to. Even at the small town level there is a ton of fleecing the taxpayer so if the electorate doesn't get involved & watch dog some of these guys, then they will steel you blind.