1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is God so great?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by noregrets1987, Apr 25, 2008.

1. noregrets1987

noregrets1987 New Member

Why is God so great? If he was wouldn't sin not be here and the hell that we live in everyday be worth living in?

2. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I would refer you to two passages:
    The entire book of Job as well as romans chapter 8 and 9.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

What hell we live in? We don't live with anything thats near what hell is.
    Are you suggesting that because life is hard God isn't good?

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I will admit that it is getting warm and time to hook up the AC again in Indiana but I actually like my life.
    I enjoy my wife and daughter.
    I went to the park today with my 20 month old and loved it.

I know two things:
    I have never experienced anything nearly as bad as hell or as good as heaven.

5. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

If this is not a rhetorical question, then I ask--
    What hell do YOU live in? Is it something you can discuss here or with someone who can help you get the answers you need?

If you are simply speaking of the general state of a fallen world (the garbage in the world is the consequences of sin), Dale-c gave you two great scripture references.....

But if you are speaking of a specific hell you experience and are genuinely reaching out in pain, I will say this: God's magnificence knows no bounds--nor does His love for us as Christians. There is no wound He cannot heal and no pain He cannot help you bear. Talk to Him first and foremost...and then listen to what He says....