1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is it always one sided?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Phillipians121, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I don’t believe there is a general mindset for blacks but I do believe that there is a general mindset for youth 14-25 in this country. If you have money you have life. The supported black/youth struggle is not to be equal mano e mano but to be equal economically. The problem is that most youth will not work at the bottom of the scale and train to reach the middle or top of the scale. Hence they get involved illicitly with drugs, alcohol, immorality, violence, etc in order to have their cake now and not to worry about later.

When you see leading black proponents of black rights stand up they are always talking about having respect in their communities but that respect is not based on virtue but on altered values things that are of value to them personally, what are these values, hedonistic amusements. Youth today have little regard for the future they have no values because they have been fed a diet of false philosophy that if you set your mind to something someone will give it to you, either that or government or the other ethnic group has it and is keeping you from it.

Already the middle class is vanishing because of these false philosophies and by the time youth is ready to assume their middle class roles there will be no middle class because they will killed the goose that laid the golden egg.

We cannot call the blacks racist, though many are, for they and many others are simply following through with the philosophy they have been taught. I wonder if Barkley, Jordan, Kenny Smith, Barrach Obama. John Thompson, and of course rev Jackson and many other athletes have given any of their middle class earnings to the cause to those who were devastated by Katrina. I wonder how many are truly interested in changing the face of ethnic racism or merely riding its acclaim to higher ground.

I am aware of one man who by God’s grace is changing the face and future of black America. Truly God has called this man to model and mentor a new generation of hope for black America.

http://coeba.org/mserver/CPurpose.aspx?menuContext=444

thjplgvp

2. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fact that they're not covered because it would force the MSM to say something unflattering about blacks?

3. Phillipians121

Phillipians121 New Member

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Phillipians121

I have to admit the movie BLOOD DIAMONDS was good, but I am sure the leftwingers wants us to believe that if WE (not them the celeberties) stop buying diamonds from these countries that are at war over this industry...it will stop the bloodshed.

Nothing is further from the truth. It is impossible to stop the war since all they do is move from one community to another cause or commodity....all because of greed and pride. It is never ending and always will be. IMHO

6. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope they continue to do so, then, forget the racial aspects to it.

Darfur might be black-on-black genocide, but it's still genocide. There's other trouble going on in other parts of Africa, I do think the continent is viewed as "black", and the media doesn't want say anything negative about it. Most Americans have never even heard of the Diamond Wars.

7. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Hmmm, if I was an alien doing research on the tribes of earth and read this thread, I would get the distinct idea that those with dark skin are ignorant, greedy, powermongers who don't care how their actions affect others so long as they are able to get the material goods they want.

Where do people get these ideas? Is power mongering limited to black folk? What was Saddam? Pinochet? Every British monach from Elizabeth I until George VI? Hitler? Stalin? Some of our own presidents who condone our CIA's interference in the governments of other soveriegn nations? Power mongering? Ha! Those guys in Africa have nothing on the rest of the world.

Greed? We have only to look to Spain who sponsered Columbus' discovery of the Americas because they were looking for new ways to make money and faster than the other guys.

Ignorant? Hmmm, the Salem witch trials come to mind as readily as the black men who think they can be cured by sleeping with a virgin.

None of us have the corner on racism. This is a totally useless conversation. It's like trying to excuse our own bad behavior because someone else is also doing it.

"Oh, well Jack is stealing gum from the 7/11 so I will too."

Think that is going to hold water with God? You gotta be kidding! God doesn't want to hear you make excuses for using a word that is offensive to Joe because you heard Joe's cousin use that same word without consequence. God wants to know why you aren't obeying the second most important commandment. "love thy neighbor as thyself." It shouldn't matter to a Christian why a word has become offensive, if they know it has. They should simply refrain from using that word until the negative conotation can be removed. How hard is it to just love someone enough to make your language comfortable for them to listen to?

Can calling someone nigger ever be God honoring? Even in the black community it is hardly used in a loving manner. Who are we? Are we white folk? Black folk? Hispanic? Or are we Christians!

If we are Christians we should act like it and not engage in useless conversations about why someone else gets to engage in bad behavior and we can't. We act differently because we have known the grace of our Father who removes us from our sins and places us in communion with him even though we are no better in His sight than the sorriest, gun toting gangsta in LA.

What we should be doing is getting busy following the command to take the Gospel to the ends of the world. Perhaps then, some of what you complain about would cease to exist.

8. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Perhaps it is so one sided because some laws are one sided. For instance, affirmative action and the hate crime laws. If a white kills a black because he is black, it is a hate crime. However, if a black kills a white, it is not considered a hate crime. Hate crimes can only be committed against minorities. An attorney explained this to me.

9. Phillipians121

My husband sent this to me on the subject...see I was right! No such thing as "ALLEGED RAPES" they are very real

Each South African day sees an average of:
    - 59 murders.
    - 145 rapes.
    - and 752 serious assaults out of its 42 million population.

The new crime is the rape of babies:
    - Some AIDS-infected African men believe that having sex with a virgin is a cure. Twelve percent of South Africa's population is HIV-positive but President Mbeki says that HIV cannot cause AIDS.

In response to growing violence, South Africa's minister of safety and security, Steve Tshwete says,

http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?disc=102605;article=582;title=AfricaLog Discussion Forum

#29 Phillipians121, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2007
  10. Phillipians121

Thank you drfuss for sticking to the real topic and not going off on some make believe Op is a racisit rant.

11. menageriekeeper

And these stats tell us what? That an improverished nation has more crime than a wealthy one?

Or are you implying that this is proof that a nation who's majority race is black will have more crime than a nation who's majority race is white?

One sided laws? How about the "jim crow" laws of the early 20th century. How were those less one sided than affirmative action?

12. Phillipians121

You need to go back from the begining and read all my post to see how it all fits together. I do not need to repeat myself.

I see no one is really dealing with the stats in America and how blacks are viewed as victims.

That is the real topic...why are whites and blacks treated so different, why do they get special days and orginizations that we don't?
    Or preached POLITICS and DEMAND rights in an all white church, we would be censored and called racist, if not imprisoned.

Deal with those American facts.

#32 Phillipians121, Jan 14, 2007
  13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Still no answer as to how problems in Africa relate to racism in America.

The ignorant postings of fearful whites on this board are a disgrace. Rants against Kwanzaa. Rants against Dr. King. Rants about God knows what in Africa as if it somehow is tied to racism here.

In the 1950s & 1960s, blacks couldn't sit at the front of the bus, at the lunch counter with whites, go to school except with other black students, poll taxes were levied to discourage voting, and on and on. Blacks have been discriminated against for most of this nation's history. It didn't end with the Emancipation Proclamation. If they need a helping hand to join the rest of society, I am happy for them to have it. There comes a point where it is reverse discrimination, but we all benefit when the opportunities are not denied to one group.

We are all one race...the human race. The dinosaur thinking displayed in some posts here is in its last throes of death. It won't be in my lifetime, but someday Dr. King's dream of an America where we don't judge by the color of one's skin, but by our character will become a reality.

Until then, those crying, "I'm not a racist, BUT . . ." identify themselves for what they are with their own words and their vehement protests.

14. Magnetic Poles

You want special holidays? One could argue that they all have been. If you want, make up a special holiday, have at it. You want an all white organization? I am sure you'd fit in with the Aryan Nation folks. The fact is, you as a caucasian (I assume), have not had a legacy of discrimination based upon your race in this nation. Helping everyone reach their full potential takes nothing from you...rather it makes us all richer to have all our citizens fully contribute to society.

#34 Magnetic Poles, Jan 14, 2007
  15. Phillipians121

I answered your question but you didn't want to hear it.

No one is fearful. I listed 3 black men who say the same things I am saying... Bill Cosby, John Whorter, Ken Hamblin and others. Maybe you ought to google their names and learn more about what they have to say about their own people and the communities they grew up in. I guess you would call them names too, like Uncle Tom, their "acting White" oreo's etc.

Just because you can't support your belief no need to name call.

That is like saying anyone who believes homosexuality is wrong, which I would hope is all born again christians...are called HOMOPHOBICS...see the nonsense in that belief?

16. Magnetic Poles

No, you didn't.

No, you're not fearful, just like you are not a racist. Very clear. Your words have spoken!:laugh::thumbs:

17. Magnetic Poles

BTW, why would you even want an all white church or an all white college? Either you are jealous & mean spirited, or jealous & racist. Which is it?

#37 Magnetic Poles, Jan 14, 2007
  18. menageriekeeper

MP answered this question quite well. It is you who are not listening.

Would you rather go back to the days before the civil rights movement? Are you so insecure in your life that you feel threatened by a person with darker skin celebrating being granted the same rights you yourself celebrate?

Just what point are you trying to make if not to start a racist rant?

#38 menageriekeeper, Jan 14, 2007
  19. Phillipians121

By the way I am far from predjudious. I have many connections with people of color in my business and in life and treat them as equals. I was in an all black foster home as a child, best year of my childhood. I give everyone no matter what race they are the benifit of the doubt till they prove me wrong as an individual. I will not sit here and lie and say that certain groups of people do not exibit certain traits or even talents.

I asked someone one time when we had this debate...what is your favorite breed of dog. In which he replied Germand Shepherds. I asked WHY? and he went on to give me many characteristic traits of the German Shepherd...of which many were right. Of course there are your exceptions to everything...not all German Shepherds act the way he discribed. Which is based on genetics and upbringing. Same goes for all kinds of races and animals. But there seems to be an overwhelming majority factor when it comes to people and animals.

To study these or to choose base on this fact doesn't make one predjusious just makes one absurbant.

My main point was that MOST blacks in America have a VICTIM mentality (as mentioned by Bill Cosby, John Whorter, Ken Hamblin) which has been taught to them by black leaders that the white man has surpressed them and they need to fight for their rights and that the white man is always out to get them. And because of this...white are always labled racist if they offend a black
    (see you have been doing that to me now) but when a black person offends a white they are not labeled as such.

I went to lunch with a friend of mine who is half black. She was aksed for ID when she presented her credit card. Right away she got all defensive saying she was being profiled. That is their first reaction...where as mine and I am sure most whites would be "gosh" I am glad they are making sure my ID matches my credit card, in case it was stolen.

#39 Phillipians121, Jan 14, 2007
  20. Magnetic Poles

Yeah, some of your best friends are black.

TREAT them as equal. They ARE equal.

German Shepherds?? Yeah, those little monkeys learned to play basketball in the jungles of Africa. They are bred for it by their slave owners. But of course, they loved being slaves. They were treated better than your maid is today.

Really? You took a poll and found this out? What were the exact percentages?

Yeah, those dim witted blacks...they are led around by the nose by those black leaders. They can't think for themselves.
    =====================================

Like I said....condemned by your own words!

#40 Magnetic Poles, Jan 14, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.