1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is it always one sided?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Phillipians121, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Hey Phillipians keep posting all the excerpts from one book. It still does not prove that the majority of black people feel any particular way. Where is your proof? Do black people value hard work as much as other "races"? Yes, and the evidence is clear. Are the majority of black people dependent on welfare programs? No, and the evidence is clear on this matter. Are there more black men in prison than in college? No, again the evidence is clear on this matter. Are there more black accountants than there are black athletes? Yes, again the evidence is clear.

I can post ACTUAL numbers to back every single one of my claims. Can you? No, because there is no such thing. SHOW SOME ACTUAL PROOF, otherwise you are wasting your time and everyone elses.

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

FP;
    You STILL don't get it and probably never will.
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS EQUALITY IN THIS NATION.
    Never will be. I cannot just BECOME black and recieve the special treatment they get just because of skin color.
    And as far as I am concerned "reverse discrimination" is a STUPID term. whether it is whites getting ecluded because of quotas or blacks being excluded really makes no difference. It is all discrimintation.

Strange how the very people who hollered loudest about discrimination back in the 50's-60's are now the same ones who will scream the loudest if their PREFERENTIAL DISCRIMINATORY PRIVILEGES are removed.

Guess who is the MOST discriminated against in this nation today?
    White Males.
    Facts. That is the facts of the society which has reacted so poorly to the injustices of a segregated society that now it has turned the tide upon they who were to blame back then. Trouble is that affirmative action was a racial preferential "solution". It is nothing less that anti-white discrimination.
    And YES I do have a problem with ANYBODY getting preferential treatment based on their skin color. If YOU can't see that then you are as blinded by this nonsense as any KKK Grand POOHBAH.

3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

double post....sorry

4. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

You are the one living in fantasy land. Did you even bother to look at any of the black authors I listed? No, because if you did you could not say, without lying, that ALL black people have a victimization mentality. It is ABSURD for anyone to base an ideology on an ENTIRE group of people by only looking at a few of their experiences.

5. Phillipians121

Phillipians121 New Member

FILMPRODUCER Feelings have nothing to do with it? A person can look you in the eye and say I don't feel a certain way, it's all in your head. But ACTIONS now that speaks louder than words.

I do not need to prove anything to you that the rest of Americans do not already know. Your denial is self motivated I am sure. Like Jesus told the PHARISEES that "Even if Moses came back from the dead you still wouldn't believe him"

These black authors if you read their books, I have read three. Tell you what they grew up with and what is evident to the rest. And yet you will not believe.

6. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Honey, I live with black people and not one of them has a victim mentality, and their actions speak to this. I work in inner city youth programs and not one of those children I work with has a victim mentality that is manifested by their actions. You really believe that we tell these children they can do anything with hard work, but they think to themselves "I can't the white people are holding me back"? If so you are more delusional than I thought. Please, get real. Yopu can't sit there and claim something about an entire group of people based on your limited study and friendships.

7. Phillipians121

I never said ALL those are your words, please do not put words in my mouth to fit your agenda. I said MOST. And most is a fact.

8. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Just as someone can repeatedly boldly proclaim, "I am not racist". You're right actions do speak louder than words, and yours are screaming.

9. Phillipians121

Forgive me if I do not believe you. And for all I know you may be black. By the way you do not see this manifested in children as much as teenagers and adults. Maybe now that your eyes are open you may just now notice it more. Kind of like when you buy a certain brand of car, you start to see them everywhere.

So you are calling Bill Cosby and these other authors liars?

10. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Out of your own proverbial mouth :rolleyes:

What exacly are you saying then, because you have jumped all over the map, literally. Everywhere from China to Africa and America.

11. Phillipians121

The only one calling anyone names and racist is you. You have made up your mind to be blind and name call, typical liberal tatic. See it all the time.

You still do not answer any of my questions or the authors comments but choice to attack and name call as your defense. How sad :(

12. Phillipians121

Sorry double posts

13. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Hurray to these two fellows. We need more like them. O'Reilly tells Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the rest they are racist's also. Go get 'em Tiger.

14. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Oh please, I am not calling any of these people liars. I am saying you are taking them out of context and they would agree. My eyes are open to many of the problems in the black community, that does not mean they live in this continual aura of victimization. Forgive me if I don't believe you. I have also worked with single mothers working on getting their lives together and not once have their problems been attributed to the "racist white man". A lot of it is blamed on poor descision making, economics, and absent fathers. a far cry of I am a victim.

#114 Filmproducer, Jan 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2007
  15. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

What question? I have answered all the questions you posted and I have responded to the other posters numerous times. What more do you want? I have read your authors, and I don't even disagree with their experiences. I disagree with your interpretation of them. Big difference.

You have yet to answer any of my questions. Can you define black culture? Have you read anything by anyof the authors I posted? Are the majority of black people dependent on welfare programs? Are there more black men in prison than college? How do you know that black people are not hard working? The list goes on and on.

16. Phillipians121

FP See there you go again stretching things to fit your agenda. I never said ALL but MOST, yet you say I said ALL.

I never took anything out of CONTEXT you can click on the references yourself. You can google their names and find more if you want. Please quit making stuff up. If you can't argue intellectually and with facts then quit the debate.

I have seen no facts presented by you just opinions.

17. Phillipians121

Not sure how this works but how do we get this thread closed? I think enough has been said on the subject.

Please close thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.