1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is the Democrat Platform just abortion/contraception?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by targus, Apr 9, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You really need to get a dose of theology. Catholics believe Jesus Christ is God, the Son of God, the Savior, a non created Being. Mormons believe Jesus Christ is a created being on the same level as a brother of Lucifer, or Gabriel. They believe God the Father is a self perpetual created Being.

I guessed right, and you just keep selling your soul and standards by voting for pro abortion, pro gay rights, cult members. What will it be in 2016, a mass murderer? No doubt you will find some excuse to pull the lever then also.

2. targus

targus New Member

I guess that you missed all the claims here on the Board about Catholics believing in being saved by works. (Not my claim - just pointing it out to you).

You have no idea how I vote or think or what I believe.

To believe that you do is nothing other than arrogance on your part.

What happened to your apology thread? Changed your mind about being no longer being nasty with those who you think are politically your inferior? Time to start it up again?

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The apology thread stands. There is nothing nasty in my post, but apologizing does not mean condoning abortionists and gay rights supporters to lead this nation.

You are right, I have no idea how you vote, but your posts consistantly either take up for or support Romney. There is no name calling in my posts, but if your idea of an apology is to compromise morality, then you are going to be waiting a long time. In previous posts I did call names and apologized. I will not apologize for opposing pro abortion candidates.

4. targus

targus New Member

You admit that you have no idea how I vote but feel free to say, "I guessed right, and you just keep selling your soul and standards by voting for pro abortion, pro gay rights, cult members."

And please direct me to a single post where I "take up for or support Romney". You won't be able to find any.

Your arrogance is astounding and sad.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well, did not you say I guessed wrong??? You just accused others of name calling, yet in the very next post, you say "your arrogance is astounding and sad." I will tell you exactly what is astounding and sad, is your lack of knowledge in history, government, politics, or theology. I can remember years ago, you were on an agenda of defending the IRS actions abusing citizens. Best thing you could do is not post.

6. targus

targus New Member

No, you said that you guessed "right".

Go back and read your own words.

Your memory serves you poorly.

The discussion in question was concerning a waitress that did not declare her tips when filing her taxes.

My position was that the income tax regulations include tips as income and that she should have therefore included them.

At that time, and apparently still today, you misrepresented that as "defending the IRS actions abusing citizens".

So having made a huge issue of your moral standards in the area of voting, what are your moral standards in the area of paying taxes?

As a Christian do you agree that the moral position is to obey the tax laws and declare all income or do you advocate tax cheating?

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That was not the issue. The issue was abuse of power by a governmental agency against citizens of the United States. Do not talk to me about morality when you put down all posters who take a stand against Romney.

As a Christian, I pay all my taxes. However, I am not an IRS apologist who agrees with some of the tactics the IRS uses. Maybe everyone should worry about paying their own taxes and not worry about who else does or does not pay them. Since you are citing Scripture to justify IRS abuse of power, maybe you should read Paul's letters that tell us to mind our own business, and keep our nose out of other people's business.

Is the IRS abuse verse right next to the verse that says Christ is a created being? Oh I forgot, that is in the Book of Mormon.

8. targus

targus New Member

Show me one.

Wow. Where to start?

This is exactly what I am talking about.

I say "obey the tax code" and you label me as an "IRS apologist".

You are so ideologically rigid in your mindset that you can not tell the difference between someone pointing out the truth in the matter and correcting your misrepresentations and someone who is defending who or what that you are railing against.

I challenge you to find one single post of mine that represents what you characterize as "defending" anything as you say - Romney, the IRS, what ever...

And I will prove you wrong.

I challenge you.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

#29 saturneptune, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012