1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is the devil on any leash at all?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Emily25069, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Emily25069

Emily25069 New Member

One of the hardest things I have understanding is Gods relationship to Satan.

The devil is our enemy, definately.

We need to resist him.

He will tempt us. He will introduce all kinds of evil to us.

One day, he will be eternally punished with no way of escape.

Until then, I have heard it said by Pastors and teachers that the devil is on a very short leash he knows what will happen to him.

Why hasnt God eternally punished Him already? Why is this something that man has to endure?

Is there an answer to this question biblically, or even at all?

Or is it simply that God has it set up this way for His own purposes, and this is something that I need to accept without question?

I gotta admit. Its hard. And its the hardest question to answer to unbelievers when witnessing, and it always tests my faith. In fact, during certain seasons of my life, it has put me in a full blown crisis of faith.

I have started to accept that there is probably not a reason exept that God has His own purposes for this, but I wondered if maybe I was just missing a peice of the puzzle, and there maybe was a good explanation.

Thanks.

2. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

A question that can only be answered by means of doctrinal conclusions, i.e. advanced doctrinal studies and thought.

I will give you the most precise and shortest answer that is based in advanced doctrinal studies and thought, SATAN is appealing His Sentence.

He is already sentenced. You know that obviously so why doesn't one who is found guilty and already sentenced begin serving his sentence?

Because that person is appealing their sentence and the court allows probationary freedom while on appeal in some cases and obviously in the case of Satan, this is what the Judge of Heaven has decided.

As a result of this appeal, enter the creation of Humanity as evidence FOR the Court of Heaven as a response to the appeal of Satan.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So man was created because of Satan's "appeal"? Can you provide some scripture to back that up?

4. Alex Quackenbush

Yes, we've had this discussion. You've already rejected what you haven't studied so this road won't be traveled by me with you. However, if the OP has further questions or someone else has an inquiry, then I will be glad to respond.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I wasn't the only one interested in your answer to this. You said you were going to provide a detailed post in another thread. What happened to it?

If you bring up something such as "satan's appeal", why aren't you willing to explain it?

Edit: what I rejected was the article that I posted, not your explanation, since you never provided one.

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How's about a site address for this discussion, or at least the title! Don't believe I was fortunate to see it, and would love to check it out.

Thanks!

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Show us where Scripture speaks of any sort of "appeal" that belongs to satan----friend, how can he appeal whats already written down in the truth of God's word???

8. Alex Quackenbush

Here is a website that covers it in more detail.

Let me make it clear, I do not subscribe to every iota of thought or doctrine of anyone other than my own beliefs. However, I can say with confidence, after reviewing the material, it is in large part an acceptable and comprehensive coverage of The Doctrine of The Angelic Conflict.

9. Alex Quackenbush

People appeal judgments all the time. People appeal God's judgments all the time. Satan, a volitional creature, is no different. However, in the post above a LINK is provided for a comprehensive study.

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

11. Alex Quackenbush

I do have the detailed post, however, even better and far more comprehensive is something similar that I have posted a link to. MIND YOU, as I said, I do not take the position that I agree on every iota of every belief of anyone else so I cannot say every single statement and conclusion is identical to mine but for the most part I do state it is an acceptable and comprehensive representation of The Doctrine of The Angelic Conflict

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Thank you.

Are you familiar with the church of that website?

13. Alex Quackenbush

Well, how familiar would be relative. For example, I am extensively familiar with John MacArthur's church and teaching, and so compared to him, I would be less familiar.

However, as compared to say, Wuest or Thiessen, it might be comparable which means generally they fall within the realm of orthodox evangelical teachers but I haven't in detailed examined a majority of the body of their teachings but positions on the critical doctrines and emphasis on exegesis places them in respectable positions in my mind.

14. TomMann

TomMann New Member

If there had been at any time, doubt of the carnality of your rational.... these statements have removed them!

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The pastor on the website you posted who authored the article is by no means orthodox. There is so much wrong with his article I won't even take the time or energy to post it. Anyone can read it for themselves.
    I also went to the main webpage and found several interesting articles. Here is a quote from one.

I could post many more bizarre quotes by this guy, but this took the cake for me.

Thanks for the link, but I won't be having any of that stuff.

16. youngmom4

youngmom4 New Member

I did a google search and found the church's website. Their doctrinal statement seems to be in line with the major tenets of the Baptist faith, though they state they are a non-denominational church. I don't agree with everything I've read in this angelic conflict paper, though.

17. youngmom4

youngmom4 New Member

Whoa..I totally missed that! Where did you find those quotes?

18. Alex Quackenbush

Frankly I didn't imagine you were really interested in the subject matter but for the record it has been provided.

What you were interested in is trying to find something unrelated to the subject matter to object to, hence somehow disqualifying any legitimate findings in your mind so you don't have to deal with a topic you are unfamiliar with and cannot digest.

You consistently overreact in "high drama" fashion to things with which you are unfamiliar. I suspect, though I don't know for sure since I cannot read your mind, it is due to fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of not having all the programmed answers you are used to being fed so as to not be with any questions that are not readily answerable in your own mind or from a singular source. This is not just common among Christians but humanity in general.

But to each his own.

As I said, I don't hold to anyone else's theology in total and this teacher is included so finding objectionable views in any orthodox teacher is expected.

#18 Alex Quackenbush, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  19. Alex Quackenbush

Oh goodness, a pea shooting warrior who imagines his judgments to be that of a food critic.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I overreact with high drama? Your posts are the most "dramatic" that I have read on this board since I became a member over a year ago.

I'm afraid of things I'm unfamiliar with?
    I have no fear of learning new things from God's word. We just don't agree on what God's word says. But since this is a debate forum, it's ok.

I think it would great if you would learn from God's word how to show grace to people who disagree with you intead of your constant personal insults.