1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why is the Gospel referred to as an "APPEAL for reconciliation?"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, God Word speaks of appealing, persuasion, faith from “your own” heart etc. and these are not empty and meaningless words given in His instructions to us for life through His grace…as if the “truth” were that in actuality the outcome had been pre-determined before the foundation of the world in which the promise through Christ was brought forth on the condition of true faith. God is Truth, His Word which He brought into all the world is given in truth. His judgment in the matter of a true response out of love for His goodness in creation will also be in Truth. He knows our hearts, rather we are willingly accepting His loving offer of grace or if we are claiming we had no choice either way as well as if our service to Him was telling others that all genuinely can find true hope in Christ or the bottom line to one’s doctrine proclaimed otherwise.

#21 Benjamin, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
  2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Never mind.......:BangHead:

#22 HeirofSalvation, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
  3. MorseOp

MorseOp New Member

Please. Tell me more about my system. This is quite fascinating.

4. MorseOp

MorseOp New Member

I am very glad you brought this up.

When I preach the Gospel, I do not tell people that God loves them. How can I do that? I believe God's love is effectual; i.e. those whom God loves will come to faith in Christ. While I cannot tell all people that God loves them, I can tell them how to know the love of God. That comes through repentance from sin and faith in Christ.

Do not put too much stock in why Arminians do not want to preach like a Calvinist. Why would they? They are opposed to Calvinism. Calvinists are opposed to Arminianism, but they admire the passion in which they proclaim the Gospel. When that passion is matched with right theology I believe it honors God.

5. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Apparently I need to because even Calvin affirmed God's love for all of mankind. But, if something I've said is misrepresentative then spell it out, because the only real WILL in your framework is God's, so what I've said seems pretty accurate.

6. MorseOp

MorseOp New Member

No, no. Please tell me more about what I believe. This is good stuff.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the salvation of God based upon what God freely determines to do, or is conditioned by how we will respond to Him?

IF a sinner refused to allow the Cross to benfir him freely, how can jesus be said to have died and atoned to the father that person, if His death was for "all sinners?"

Don't we still have the problem of jesus death at best offering 'potential salvation" to all men?