1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is the universe so vast?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by vaspers, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee New Member

The "vastness" and "infinity" simply blows my mind. If it was possible to find the "end" of it, then what is on the other side?? Brrrrr! :eek:

2. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Psa 147:4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names. 5Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

Vast? The known universe isn't infinite. The imaginied universe isn't infinite. Infinity can't be imagined. The universe is as a speck of dust in the known universe to the infinite degree. Thinking the universe is merely vast is only possible by comparing it with ourselves because we know how tiny we are. What is amazing to me is the vastness of God's goodness compared to the filthiness that is me.

3. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Good point Artimaeus. That blessed me.
    [​IMG]

4. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Thatnks, vaspers, believe it or not, that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on the board.

5. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

Isn't good that we do not understand the vastness of God's creation? It keeps us in AWE! God is eternal and everywhere. It makes sense to me that his creation appears to us as infinite.

I marvel at the distant stars and galaxies and wonder....and smile. [​IMG]

6. Servent

Servent Member

You know I live in houston about 30 miles from several refiners and at night we dont get to see many stars. I love going to west Texas were it's clear at night and just watching God's creation,the sky is so full, I really have no words to discribe it.

7. vaspers

vaspers New Member

My dominant thought when I look into the night sky, or gaze lovingly upon Hubble telescope photos of deep space and enormously distant galaxies:

"God is so powerful, He created all this, how could I ever feel fear, worry, or depression? How could I ever doubt His healing and comforting abilities? How could I ever feel alone?"

8. zucchini

zucchini New Member

I like to think that the immense universe is God's gift to us, an accessible way for us to enjoy His creative magnificence, and that it all will be ours to explore after He redeems the world.

No scripture, though supported my scriptural principles, just a pet theory...