1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Isn't This Racism?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by mes228, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Brother Bob, I would appreciate an apology from you. If you will check the posts on this thread, you will see that I did not, and have not, called you racist .

I simply asked a question...and at the end of my post apologized if I had misunderstood you.

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

My remark wasn't a smart remark as you put it. It's my opinion of how you have treated any Obama thread. You have made your opinion of him overly clear. So much so, that I do think you have lost common sense in the matter.

Anyone can go back and look over your posts in any Obama thread and see. You call it being honest. I think it's that and much more. His name, his familes origin etc..

You call it what you want.. I call it like I see it. BTW, I never called you a racist. I said you lost your common sense in the matter.

Jamie

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Why am I not surprised this racist OP is coming from Lynchburg? Falwellism at its worst.

After all the years of either enslavement or second-class status, you truly can't understand how a black person would be excited to have the opportunity for an African American to attain the highest office in the land? The symbolism of our progress as a nation alone if Senator Obama is elected President is an indicator of how far we have come. I long for the day when, as Dr. King said, we judge people not by the color of their skin, but the content of their character.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I in no way mention you or even thought of you. If you took offense to something I did not do, I still will apoligize.

Bbob,

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I think you have a mean personality. I at least tell it truthfully.

Some people will have a black family over for dinner, the next day, they tell everyone, I had a black family over for dinner last night, thinking it makes them better. It does not, as a matter of fact it makes them worse for trying to use that black family to make themselves look better. They are worse than those who did not have a black family over.

You call me a racist and know absolutely nothing about me. You set yourself up as judge over me and you are not qualified to do so. Go in the bathroom and look in the mirror. When you get the mote out of your own eye, for being so hateful, then come back and talk to me. I was not even talking to you, but you jumped in and told someone else I was a racist.
    I probably am less racist than you are. Have a nice day and clean up your act.

BBob,

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

You quoted my post in yours, responded to my quotes, and in that response you claimed I (your words were "you and others") called you racist.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If I used your post, it was just a mistake of replying to someone else. I will go back and check. Again, I did not even think of you when replying. I have already apoligized.

BBob,

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Fair enough. Thank you.

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I did reply to your post, but only to say that if you vote for blacks because they are black it is racist, likewise whites.

But that is exactly what they are doing. I just been watching CNN and they have a round table discussion and saying the same things I been saying and no one calls the racist for saying what is happening around us. I really believe the blacks are voting for Obama because he is black. That is my right to believe what I see and hear and make a judgement call.

BBob,

10. spiersdodgerblue

spiersdodgerblue New Member

I can only hope we all vote and vote for the person who matches up with our life view, not that they will be exact.

On the name Bartley do you mean Charles Barkley. Just wondering.

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Only to a racist.

12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that's why you understand it that way?

13. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Really? Coming from you it doesn't mean much to me. You don't know me. The people the do know better, so what you think does't phase me a bit.

Yeah, that example really works with this thread and Obama... I am sure there people saying "I'm voting for a black man and I am white".. just to show their friends and "feel" better about themselves.... yeah I am sure there are tons of people doing just that. Not!

Again, I haven't called you a racist. I said you lacked common sense when it comes to this topic. Go back and read the thread and then come back and tell me where I called you a racist. You did the same thing to rbell as you have done to me twice. You really need to back up and clear your mind when you're talking abou Obama.

No need... I have only called it as I saw it. Your posts in Obama threads shows your lack of respect for this man. Anyone can question a person running for office, but you seem to have it out for this guy. When presented with information to show your in error, you ignore it and continue to post the same information over and over again..

No, again go back to look over this thread and tell me where I called your a racist. Again, I said you have lost your common sense with this man.

Since I didn't call you one, it wouldn't be right to wonder who was more of a rasict. Now, I do find it funny that in your post you wanted to shout at me for setting myself up to judge you, and oh yeah.. there was a line about a moot.. and yet here you are judging me, even though you don't know me. I am from North Carolina. Rasied in a class of 1500 of which 120+/- was white. Some of my best friends were and are multi-national, non white, or whatever you want to call them. I call them my friends and they do the same with me.

Until you know me, don't think you can begin to judge or even a little know me.

Now, I wonder how you will spin this.. I am sure it will come.. it's your style. Don't worry.. I am not going to argue with you about this anymore.

Jamie

14. Danny Hurley

Danny Hurley New Member

Why Isn't This Racism

Anyone who votes for Obama because he is brown is not doing his party justice.

Anyone who votes for Clinton because she is a woman is not doing his party justice.

Anyone who votes for McCain because he is white is not doing his party justice.

Listen to their beliefs on what will help our country and vote for the one who you share beliefs with.

Remember the winner of this election will be OUR president and we MUST pray for them.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am not worried about you and the whole discussion was about calling someone a racist when you jumped in with this, so you were calling me a racist:

Don't worry rbell,

Brother Bob has thrown away all his common decency and common sense to say and do whatever he can to sling mud at Obama. It's been seen on the board before and it will surely be seen again and again.

There is no reasoning with him on it...

Jamie

God Hates:

Pro 6:19 A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

That is exactly what you were doing. Don't forget the mirror.

BBob,

#35 Brother Bob, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
  16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Bye, ya'll...too hot for me.:wavey:

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just curious...how is your comment any diferent than the OP? Everyone from Lynchbur is a "Falwellist"?

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Amen :thumbs:

19. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

As Falwell started out preaching racism, I noted a perceived connection. Could I be wrong? Sure. But I never said everyone from Lynchburg is a racist or a Falwell follower. McCain got it right when he called Falwell an "agent of intolerance".

20. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Remember that then... Because it's what you have done in every Obama thread. It's what you have done to me in this thread, saying I have said one thing when in fact I have not.

I am sorry we disagree, I only stated that I thought you had lost common sense when it comes to Obama and I stand by that. There will be another thread I am sure and I am sure you will sling more mud his way...

If you are going to quote a verse, quote the whole thing.

16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
    18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
    19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Since Obama is a professing Christian think about it next time you want to sling mud his way.. Stand by what you preach. Sinc this has nothing to do with the OP let's call it a day and move on.. We won't agree and only will continue down a path that has no end.

Jamie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.