1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why man hates the Gospel Truth of Election !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The 'new thing' was the blotting out of sins. The 'old thing', the shedding of blood of bulls and goats could never blot them out permanently.

Read Jeremiah 31:31-34, Hebrews 8 & 10...

The shedding of blood of bulls and goats just pushed their sins ahead each year, ergo, the yearly sacrifice in the 'Holiest of Holies' was necessary..

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You missed the circumcising of the heart message.

Also, we have Jesus defining the difference between with you and in you...

The disciples were not born-again YET! Jesus speaks accurately when He speaks...shall be...not is in you!!

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The blotting out of sins was an OT promise given to Israel many many times:
    Psalms 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
    (David's prayer)

Isaiah 43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
    (He is addressing Israel--vs. 22 "Jacob")

Isaiah 44:22 I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.
    (Again Israel)

Micah 7:19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
    (future promise to Israel)

4. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do believe Job was regenerated, had he heard the gospel of Jesus Christ he would have jumped on it.

5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Regardless of the NT teaching that the Spirit was not given until Jesus Christ was glorified? Regardless of the teaching of Jesus to His disciples of the pending Spirit shall be in you?

I believe you believe these OT saints were regenerated because that is what Calvinism teaches and needs to sustain it's theology. I believe it is a belief held against the overwhelming evidence found in the scriptures that regeneration did not happen until after Jesus Christ was glorified.

6. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Different people are attaching different definitions to regeneration. Though it goes hand in hand with salvation, regeneration is not salvation. Salvation is the "entering into the kingdom of heaven". Therefore when Jesus tells Nicodemus "Unless you are born again you can not enter the kingdom of heaven" he is saying unless you are born again you can not be saved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.