1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why man hates the Gospel Truth of Election !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another deflection, devoid of anything helpful. Simply an effort to insult another person.

1) People make decisions based on what they think is best. If a person was raised in a Christian home, so they learned of the love and kindness of God, and the snares of the devil, they are more likely to choose to love Jesus with all their heart. Thus, as ambassadors, we are not only to plant, but also to cultivate, to water, and to walk the talk so we lead others to Christ as best we can.

2) Note the repeat of the claim non-Cal's do not believe in Election. Utter nonsense, we do not believe in Unconditional Election. Calvinists just repeat their mantra.

3) Who makes the difference in being saved or lost? Do non-Cal's say we saved ourselves? Yes some do, but others do not. I believe God, when He accepts our worthless filthy rag faith, and credits it as righteousness or not, makes the actual difference in being saved or not. Anyone can believe till the cows come home, if God does not credit it as righteousness, no salvation occurs. Thus we boast in the Lord and not in ourselves.

You have got to love them folks. They copy and paste arguments, but can offer nothing but personal attacks to biblically based corrections.

2. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow...that sounds kind of hyper-Calvinistic. I do understand your argument but Matt. 5:44-45 (But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust) shows that God has a providential love for all creation.

3. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Precisely.

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

If you study God's love, His love centers around Christ, His beloved Son, in whom He is well pleased. God is 'angry with the wicked every day'. The word 'angry' means....

--to denounce, express indignation, be indignant
    --to have indignation, be indignant, be angrily indignant, be defiant
    --to be abhorrent
    --to express indignation in speech, denounce, curse
    --to show indignation, show anger

That's not being hyper, or at least I hope not...

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You got it big guy:wavey: I wanted to give you a chance to clarify these horrible statements. You have clarified your error very clearly:wavey:

6. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They hyper part isn't the truth that God is rightly angry...that's biblical fact. What's hyper-Calvinist is saying that God has no general providential love for creation. In Matt. 5:44-45 Jesus says “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust”. Jesus is making a reference to God’s general love or common grace to encourage his disciples to also love on their enemies. "But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful." (Luke 6:35-36)

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

really....could you post one time where anyone said this...or is it another clown post?
    . [/QUOTE] sure you do, you said you were premill dispy:laugh:

I speak with many unbelievers who also deny the work of the Spirit and ridicule it as you have. Maybe they read your posts first:laugh:

Then again I guess you cannot explain what you do not know about:thumbsup:

8. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point is that you don't decide to be born or born again. Someone else decided on that. You are correcting Jesus, not me, when you do what you do to his metaphor. To be born, you don't take action, the only action needed for you to be born, either time, was someone else's.

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh yes.....DHK is not like other men...no ,no.He did it all without help.He did it on his own, just ask him he will tell you:thumbs::wavey:

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Jesus said nothing about God having a providential love for everyone ! And there is a segment of mankind that God hates Ps 5:5 !

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Still boasting about what man does !

12. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I think the camp you are defending wouldn't be Calvinism, because all Calvinist/Reformed fathers embraced the doctrine of common grace. I'm a Calvinist...and like all classical Christian/Calvinist theologians, I believe in common grace.

You would be at the least a hyper-Calvinist....and if you've developed your own hermeneutic framework to defend it, then good. :thumbsup:

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I'm defending the Faith that was once delivered to the Saints and refuse to cheapen the love of God and Grace of God by calling it common ! There's no scripture support for that !

14. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well then I think the issue is differences in what we both biblically and historically view as "the faith that was once delivered to the saints" but glad we can still major on the majors and minor on the minors. :jesus:

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

It appears to me that you follow men and not the word of God !

16. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol...no I think you just happen to be a theological contrarian and would rather embrace something unorthodox as well as unscriptural to try to prove yourself as more learned and more inspired than the great Christian minds God has blessed His Church with for the last 2 millennia.

You just judged me (and wrongly might I add) without knowing me. Brother, you're now coming off as more than un-Calvinistic....you're coming off as un-Christian. :smilewinkgrin:

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Again, you follow men and not the word of God !

18. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for taking the time to prove my accusation about you behaving un-Christian. I was starting to feel convicted about making such a claim without knowing...but now I know. :applause:

Have a blessed night/morning/day. :laugh:

19. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your posts just proved that I wasn't judging you, but inspecting your fruit. It's sad that when a hypocrite is exposed, the messenger is called a hypocrite.

Hopefully we who are and claim to be recipients of God's grace can do a better job of showing grace to each other.

20. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there any chance a mod might block certain folks who don't play nice, and break the rules?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.