1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why not the Local church

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A member on this board does not believe in local churches (that is his statement for "local church" on his profile. I have sent him a pm hand ask him to inform us why he does not believe in the local church.

Otherwise, what say you. Have we taken the "local church ideal" too far?

Salty

2. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

I will reply later.

This is an extremely complex subject.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Yes & no . . .

If the local church is run by people that do not submit to God . . . then it is too far.

If they submit to God?

Then it is just right.

4. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I find it odd that you do not believe in a local church, BUT you have a denomonation.

How can that be? Dont keep us in suspense to long. I am curious.

5. Inquiring Mind

I have the Bible.

The Bible is all one needs outside of Christ.

I don't need a local church.

I don't need a Pastor, Minister, Preacher or any other name you want to give to a person who stands behind a pulpit.

A local church does not affect my Salvation.

A Pastor does not affect my Salvation.

It's just Me, Jesus, and a Bible.

I am more attuned to the Ancient Church of the book of Acts.

I don't need a Pastor to interpret the Bible, I can do that fine by myself.

I have the ability to give my tithe to those charities and missions that I feel God is speaking to me about. Tithing to support a building is a waste of God's share of my earnings he as so graciously bestowed upon me.

More importantly is Bible statistics. If a church claims to be a "Full Gospel" then the church is bearing false witness to God. Preaching and teaching the Gospel means just that, teaching and preaching the entire New Testament at least. But not one church I know of does this. The NT can be read in 16 hours. Divide that up over 3 services a week(Sunday Morning, Sunday Night, and the Typical Wednesday Night Bible Study) and you have 6 minutes per service in which to read all of the New Testament in the course of one year. But not one pastor has any structured way to read the entire New Testament to his congregation. I have spent years trying to find a Pastor that does this. Not one exists. A Pastor covers his own specific passages year after year after year.

I can be my own Pastor and make sure that not one Iota of the Bible is left unread.

I have listened for years to every single radio brocast feasible and watched every single Christian show feasible. Never have I heard anyone read these two verses:

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

There are others too that never get preached.

In interpretation the bible, all plain sense and common sense has taken the last train out of town.

there are other reasons too, that I can't remember yet at this writing.

6. Inquiring Mind

I signed up with my last denomination that I was a part of. I tried joining with a "none" but was declined. There seems to be a bit of censorship here.

7. Inquiring Mind

I don't think any really exists that actually submits to God the way the Ancient church of Acts did.

8. Inquiring Mind

Also the Administrators have made it where one can not change their denomination. Censorship and Control reigns here.

9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

That's OK - you cannot follow the path of the 'Ancient church of Acts' and not be in a physical church location with a real body of believers worshipping Christ under the authority of God's men . . .

IMHO that is . . .

;)

10. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Don't like it? don't post here.

And I notice you seem to gloss over the pesky "don't forsake the gathering together..." parts.

11. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Harold Camping? Hmmmmmm

12. Inquiring Mind

that manifests when 3 or more gather in his name. There are more than 2 in my household.

13. Inquiring Mind

Real body of believers is an oxymoron. The body of christ is a symbolic union of all those whom believe in him.

14. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Riiiiiiiight.

And Scripture is interpreted by... you.

Theology is understood in... your own historical context.

You're shortchanging yourself and your family, but whatever.

15. Inquiring Mind

Is that not what Martin Luther said?

#15 Inquiring Mind, Aug 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2006
  16. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Out of context. You lose.

17. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Where do you get that from?

If you're thinking of Matt. 18, the "two or three gathered together" refers to church discipline and the preceding passage.

Heb 10.25 tells us to not neglect assemblying together. When we are in the body of Christ as believers, participating in that visibly in a local church is how it's worked out. Nearly all of the epistles in the NT were to local churches -- those believers gathered together to follow what was instructed.

I've had emails from lots of Christians who don't attend any church and why are they emailing? Usually because they have fallen into some kind of heresy or aberration and are challenging the Bible.

There's a reason God calls us sheep. We stray easily.

Also, the gifts of the HS are given to believers for the edification of other believers - they are to be used in the local church or churches.

18. Inquiring Mind

Is that not the essence of Scripture Alone?

I have the right by Scripture being the sole authority that I can guided by the holy spirit discern the scriptures?

I don't need anyone to tell me how to interpret or read the Bible but the Holy Spirit?

Martin Luther was a Godsend!

He opened the door to Freedom of Private Interpretation.

Praise be to God for showing Martin Luther the Light!:praying:

19. Inquiring Mind

The mystical universal church comprised of all believing christians. 4 of us gather at my house in his name. Therefore we are meeting the requirements of the Bible. Even the Hebrew.

But there is no proof that these were actual local churches since the Christians were in a state of persecution. More likely they met in different places. The Early church according to Acts, first went to the synagogues to hear scripture and teaching and then went to each others houses participate in the "Breaking of the Bread". The Roman's, Galations, more than likely did not have a local church like we have now. They were more of an invisible body of believers within a city, having "Breaking of the Bread" services in each other's houses. There were not any physical local churches.

20. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Written by someone who is unaware of the creeds of Luther and Calvin's churches.