1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Obama is pulling ahead amongst Demcrats

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Feb 16, 2008.

1. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

That's good to hear you say. You just went up a notch with respect to me. I like Ron Paul and continue to do so, but to know there are people that either didn't take notice of him, or have seen that although not a perfect candidate, can see how he would be a better choice than the ones still in the running is encouraging.

To me, it shows people eventually won't settle for the lessor of two evils.. one day we will pick a President that will actually be what they say and do what they say. This would surely help the country get back on it's stately feet again.

Thanks!

Jamie

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's hardly the extent of Obama's appeal. He is appealing to all ideologies, ages, and socio-economic levels among Democrats. And he is appealing to a vast number of independents and even moderates among Republicans. And, of course, a growing number of libertarians. :smilewinkgrin:

3. Tama

Tama New Member

Sorry. Just a joke. I'll most likely never do that again! :smilewinkgrin: :praying:

4. Tama

Tama New Member

But what are the specific issues that bolster his appeal?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    www.barackobama.com/issues

Specifically for me I trust Obama more on civil liberties and foreign policy than I do McCain or Clinton.

6. Tama

Tama New Member

He seems to have a pretty pacifist approach with regards to foreign policy. Is that what you like?

7. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

You will find that people are very thinned-skinned around here. Get used to it and just go along and you will be fine.:thumbs: I dont know why thin-skinned people would hang around the politics section of this board but what are you going to do.

8. Tama

Tama New Member

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah... I have to keep in mind that this isn't the "Fighting" forum. :smilewinkgrin:

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

wanna bet??

11. Tama

Tama New Member

I guess I have never heard the phrase "foreign adventurism." Makes it sound like we send our troops to war for the "adventure" of it as opposed to the protection of our interests.

Either way........ I appreciate the foreign policy of the current administration for which I credit our safety since 9/11.

12. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would this be the same policy that has stretched our forces so thin that we are unable to complete the task in Afghanistan, unable to fully stabilize Iraq, and unable to fully respond to a major attack on us, were it to occur?

Would this be the same policy that has alienated us from our allies overseas, thereby undermining our overall security?

Surely you're speaking of another policy.

13. Tama

Tama New Member

I am speaking of the policy that has kept our country safe. No attacks on our soil for nearly seven years!

These "tasks" take time. I know we live in a microwave age and we tend to lack patience but our troops are doing the job and great progress continues to be made.

By the way. We still have troops in Germany.

Why do you think the war on terror is no longer in the headlines? Because the liberal media cannot bring themselves to report about the progress.

That........ is the policy that I am speaking about.

14. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

How many of our troops in Germany were killed by the German people last year?

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Well, I guess I have to applaud Bush for keeping us safe from the Germans. They haven't attacked any Americans since 1945. :laugh:

16. Tama

Tama New Member

The point is.......... we will keep a military presence in Iraq....... long after the stability is secured......... just as we did in Germany and many other areas of the globe.

Are you denying the progress since the surge? Because if you are........... you will have little credibility.

17. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Regardless of how many troops we have in Iraq, it was a mistake to invade them and we need to leave as soon as possible.

The surge is only temporary. What will happen when we leave, or are you suggesting that we have troops in Iraq indefinitely?

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Invading Iraq had nothing to do with protecting the interests of these United States. It was a war of choice, not necessity, and an extremely awful choice at that.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The purpose of the surge was to provide time for political progress to be made. If the Iraqis don't succeed politically then the surge will have been for naught.

#39 KenH, Feb 17, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  20. Justlittleoldme

Justlittleoldme New Member

:applause: CouldnĀ“t have said it better myself.