1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Obama is pulling ahead amongst Demcrats

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Feb 16, 2008.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering the tone of your post, I assume this is a rhetorical question!:BangHead:

If you are truly seeking some type of rational response, please accept my apology and rephrase the question!

Thanks!!

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Have a good day.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

I don't think we have the historical context to determine where GWB ranks among presidents (although I'll admit it probably won't be in the top half).

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That might be true due to the disastrous President George W. Bush administration. It might take more than eight years to repair the damage, especially in the area of international relations, but hopefully with Senator Obama as president and the Democrats in solid control of both houses of Congress the damage can be repaired in less time than that and great progress can be made during the next eight years on behalf of the great majority of Americans.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

So Ken's been outed as a Democrat. Who knew? :laugh:

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Yes, we all did in 1980 :laugh:

Just having some fun with you, friend.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, yeah, I'm a liberal Democrat. Didn't you know that? :laugh:

When I was being reared in Texas it was a solid Democratic state. A Republican was an oddity.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

And you continue to embarass your Texas roots by reading...gulp...Foreign Affairs :laugh:

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only way I will give up my copy of Foreign Affairs is if it is plied out of my cold, dead fingers. :laugh:

10. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Fair enough.

What are the reasons for your beliefs concerning this issue?

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Just listening to the debate last night, it is obvious Obama has a connection with the public that Hillary does not. I cannot explain why, as they both sound about the same, the the difference is quite stark for those who discern amongst Democrats.

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Uh, maybe because he is getting more votes, therefore getting more delegates, ya' think?? ;)

Ed

13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at the state of the society today as compared to 50 years ago! Morality, ethics, honor, acceptance of responsibility, etc, etc, etc are far more degraded than then.

I notice that you are in your mid 50’s so most likely by the time you were becoming aware of the morality (to cover all aspects of society) downslide it was well into a nosedive.

Let me note right now that this is a “NATIONAL PEOPLE” problem, not just a Democrat or Republican infection; it just so happens that the Ds are achieving this destruction faster than the Rs, and unless (not looking very likely) we as a nation get back to acknowledging God as our sovereign Benefactor and Master, this nosedive will just accelerate.

By far the majority of this change was brought about by the liberalizing of the scriptures, a nanny government that tries to be all things to all people, a push by the more liberal element of society to see nothing but good in mankind and attributing all his evils to a bad childhood, lack of love from parents, color of skin, status in society etc., etc.! Not to discount the EFFECTS of any of these parameters, but these to the exclusion of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for personal actions, therefore, in essence, allowing an individual to blame everything & everybody for all his personal problems & shortcomings except himself.

The left’s overemphasis on RIGHTS, as opposed to RESPONSIBILITIES, just feed this particular monster, so that today most media (and most liberals) are more concerned with a murderer’s rights and “causes” of his dastardly deed, than for the victims and their families, or the punishment for said crimes.

One glaring example of this is the comparison of the deaths of individuals. The liberals (and please note that party affiliation is immaterial here) feel abortion (the taking of a innocent life that has done nothing yet that he/she is responsible for) is perfectly OK, yet the execution of a murderer ( one who is personally responsible for the intentional death of another ) is somehow barbaric.

Of course all this was achieved because most of the Christians of this nation were too busy chasing the “American Dream” instead of chasing God and listening to and obeying His commands; and I plead guilty to this sin!

Dagwood, I could give much more to bolster my beliefs, but I hope this answers your question to the extent that you can understand my feelings. Whether you agree or not, I think it’s obvious that you & I will never agree politically, & that’s fine; but I do hope you agree that we need to get this nation turned around and back on the principles upon which it was formed, namely a strong trust and reliance in and on God.

At any rate, I feel we as a nation are doomed, and barring a direct intervention from God there is nothing in the future, politically, to truly give us any hope of surviving as we now know America.