1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Prey On The Innocent

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Employers do not have to provide insurance at all. But insurance has little to do with it. Outsourcing is a result of a number of things. Those "obscene profits" go into the economy to stock holders. Reduce those and you have problems in the economy.

2. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Conservatives out give liberals in personal giving to the needy by a significant margin. The wealth protection can only be on the side of stingy liberals who only want to use other peoples money rather than their own.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I don't know about Florida, but here a company has to offer it if they have more than a handful of employees. I can't remember the threshold offhand, but 20 employees is it I think.

Check again. When you have the CEO of United Healthcare receiving a BILLION dollar bonus, that is obscene. How many cancer patients could that help? His company has bean counters...not doctors...finding ways to deny coverage.

4. targus

targus New Member

In that case then there should not be a lot of uninsured in your state.

Instead we will have government bureaucrat bean counters finding ways to deny treatments.

Not sure that anyone can say that is an improvement.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

This nation was born kicking and screaming as a republic, not a democracy

6. alatide

alatide New Member

It sounds to me like you hate the US government.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You sound just like the republicans when Bush was in office. :laugh:

I guess maybe we really do become that which we hate.

8. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Check again yourself. That's an outright lie. He did not receive a billion dollar bonus. He has had stock options for over 15 years and those stock options are now worth roughly one billion, which happens to be down from what they were worth at one point in time. The stock options started out at much lower prices and have gone up over those 15 years to the tune of over 40 times their initial worth. You know what, that's the point of giving these guys stock options...so they try and make the company worth more.

Now that your lie has been debunked...on with your regularly scheduled programming.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yes, it is an insult to prey on our seniors just to advance the conservative cause.

Shame on you for twisting my words, you never once heard me mention a nursing home. You also know the ones you mentioned like professionals and educators are not the ones believing the fear mongering so why drag them in to the discussion? Is there future plans to scare them also?

No, what is being said is an insult and far from the truth. THERE ARE NO DEATH BOARDS and anyone saying there are is telling a bald face lie. How can one hide behind the blood stained banner claiming to do good by protecting the innocent and can intentionally lie to scare seniors just to advance a cause.

You should repent for defending this behavior, you pretend to be pro-life so you condone scaring seniors with the fear of death. This fear mongering is irresponsible and evil and really needs to stop. I don't know how any Christian can support or defend preying on others like this.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just Christian you need to get your ears fixed

11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

?

Show me where I said you "have propagated that mindset?" I wasn't even talking to or about you at all, but if the shoe fits, wear it!

12. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Just throw politics out the window. What I stated has no bearing on any particular party.
    Our history has been changed by design
    and we are taught false concept. For instance, who know anything about the French Revolution and how it is used today because most of the revolution has been watered down. We are given doses of the same old thing over and over again. If we do not learn from our history we are doomed to repeat it. Some things have been hidden from us because it is a very successful tool and we don't know the difference by experiencing what work for others in the past.

13. billwald

billwald New Member

>This nation was born kicking and screaming as a republic, not a democracy

I GOT SUCKERED by this phrase for 30 years. All "republic" means is that no one has an inherited right to rule . . . no royalty. That is why the People's REPUBLIC Of China is also a republic as was the USSR under Stalin.

14. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You're going to have to stop this Bill, you are making too much sense!

15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You got a reliable source for that?

16. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree with him OldRegular. If hospitals would stop treating illegal aliens they would be much less wasteful!

17. OldRegular

You need to trash your dictionary, that is if you used one!

18. OldRegular

Sadly Obama and his terrorist buddies dont.

19. OldRegular

Your Christ-like behavior in supporting those who slaughter the unborn or just born has been uplifting to all on this Forum.

20. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad I have been uplifting to you.