1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Should Americans Trust Trump

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. ChrisTheSaved

ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is why they don't trust the media. Trump calls everything the biggest. He never said I had more votes, he said the biggest as in surprise. No one thought it would happen. Stop looking for crap everywhere and have a good day. If you post on Trumo everyday for the next 8 years then you're going to go insaine. You have to see what's going on......

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't trust Trump, but it has nothing to do with the silly reasons stated in the OP. He's not the guy I wanted, but he beat evil personified in the person of Hillary Clinton. and he did it by taking hold of issues he knew people were angry about, while most of the other candidates were trying to stick to the establishment answers, which were no answers at all.

So, he's going to get his chance to earn my trust, and so far he's doing pretty well. For starters, he's keeping his promises.

He has a long way to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Josh the Baptist

Site Supporter

I actually never trust any government officials. I think we go to the polls hoping that the good during their terms will outweigh the bad. It was reported that 60% of Trump voters were wary of voting for him.....but they felt that he would be a better choice that Clinton. If they felt that way in November then they most likely will never change their opinion.They're sold out and will never regret voting for him.

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never trust any politician any further than you could throw him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's what he said: "I guess it was the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan."

But it wasn't. Not even close.

7. ChrisTheSaved

ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Ok? So what? He was wrong about the number then? I took as him saying this was the biggest win as in , no one expected him to do it. Much like RR.

8. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most reasonable people — unlike the president and some posters — bother to check on something before they say it and then keep doubling down when it turns out they were wrong.

That he meant number of electoral college votes is clear from his further "explanation" that maybe it was the largest Republican win since Reagan. Wrong again. His excuse? Someone told him that. So either he's too lazy to check out the numbers or he relies on sycophants (or both) or he just likes to make things up. Your choice.

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reagan was expected to win both times he ran. In 1984 it was never a doubt. In 1980 it only became clear after the debate in late October.

No, Trump actually said, "I got 306 electoral votes, the biggest victory since Reagan", clearly meaning he thinks his margin of victory was something special (historically it ranks in the bottom 10 margins), not that it was an upset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

10. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aww. Chris disagreed with me. I'm heartbroken because I didn't see that coming.

Trump is so insecure about the election results that he wants to make it into a monumental landslide and says he would have won the popular vote if all the non-citizen votes were excluded, and that he could have won the popular vote if he really wanted to.