1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why so many labels.. Calvanist.. Non-Calvanist.. ext....

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Feb 29, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

What is a hyper-calvinist, is he like all hyper running around and stuff or all energetic or something.. ? All these labels and names are driving me crazy... :laugh:

2. trustitl

trustitl New Member

I don't think I made my point very well. What I was trying to get at is that saying it is OK to disagree makes a lot of believers say "you have your idea, I have mine". I don't think that is what Paul is getting at in Romans 14 or anywhere for that matter.

It is clear in Galations 5 that divisions and factions are a work of the flesh and not a fruit of the Spirit. Too often people say they have convictions from the Holy Spirit when they have merely concluded something with their own carnal mind. They then resist others who truly been taught by the Spirit and are walking in truth.

The labels that Tali is concerned with are a result of the flesh and not of the Spirit of God. They should not be deemed acceptable in any way. Inevitable yes, acceptable no.