1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why the GOP Deserves to Lose

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by shodan, Feb 2, 2012.

1. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

"Let's just say right now what voters will be saying in November, once Barack Obama has been re-elected: Republicans deserve to lose.

"It doesn't matter that Mr. Obama can't get the economy out of second gear. It doesn't matter that he cynically betrayed his core promise as a candidate to be a unifying president. It doesn't matter that he keeps blaming Bush. It doesn't matter that he thinks ATMs are weapons of employment destruction. It doesn't matter that Tim Geithner remains secretary of Treasury. It doesn't matter that the result of his "reset" with Russia is Moscow selling fighter jets to Damascus. It doesn't matter that the Obama name is synonymous with the most unpopular law in memory. It doesn't matter that his wife thinks America doesn't deserve him. It doesn't matter that the Evel Knievel theory of fiscal stimulus isn't going to make it over the Snake River Canyon of debt...."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203806504577178594236642420.html

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the author of the editorial is pretty much dead on as far as the Republican candidates are concerned. I also feel he played very fast and loose with the truth in his lead paragraph. He seemed to have a pretty selective memory. In his defense he is probably paid to be selective in his memory.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only problem in reality is do the American people deserve another 4 years of not-so-subtle tugs & pushes toward becoming just another EURO type disaster?
    While there isn't as much difference between Romney (obviously the R ruling class AND the MSM's choice) as I would like, there IS a difference, and that difference could buy us enough time to hopefully get some of the "head-in-the-sand" crowd to wake up and make further cuts in this drive to disaster!

4. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

LOL THIS is a 'defense'?!

I particularly liked the one about the Evil Kneivel jump over the Snake River Canyon; can't think of a more fitting analogy for our insolvent future.

#4 shodan, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012