1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why the London arrests didn't help Bush

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by The Galatian, Aug 19, 2006.

1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

And in that moment, as much as I've thought what I've thought about Iraq, I'm not sure I ever felt as clearly how completely beside the point Iraq is from the real threat we face of deracinated Islamic radicals (in the Muslim world and sprinkled about the West) trying to perpetrate mass terror attacks.

It hit me like a sort of epiphany even though it was a realization of something I and countless others have been saying for years.

I'm curious to know whether anyone else experienced something similar and even more whether anyone else's mind (about Iraq) actually may have been changed.
    Is there anyone in the country who can say honestly, in their heart of hearts, that when that moment of fear hit them after the recent reports out of London, they said to themselves, "God, I'm glad we're in Iraq"?

Anyone?

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/009441.php

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How were the arrests in London supposed to help Bush?

3. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

They would show that he and his staunch ally Blair were keeping the world safe for democracy. Now it looks like we forced the UK to arrest the terrorists before British attorneys could make a strong enough case against them. They'll probably walk.

Anybody ever wonder why the British are much more successful at arresting terrorists than we are? Why is that. Exactly how many terrorists did we arrest for being involved in the planning, funding, etc. of 9/11? I'm only aware of one and I don't know exactly what happened to him.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I felt no fear.

5. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Sorry, I left quote marks off. That statement was from the link I posted.

I have since seen a poll showing that while the public overwhelmingly disapproves of the job Bush is doing, especially in Iraq, almost half of them still approve of his performance against terrorism.

But polls also show that terrorism is far behind Iraq as an issue that concerns Americans. And they now realize that the war in Iraq, and the war on terrorism are two entirely different things.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are advocating that, for fear of the appearance of aiding Bush, the British should not arrest terrorists before they actually kill anybody, but wait until it's actually done.

What a small minded and way to look at things.

Has Poncho been recruiting you?:laugh:

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither did I.

Apparently the author is easily frightened. Maybe he doesn't have Christ in his life and we should :praying: for him.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Did he really say that?

A man cowered in fear and he admitted it? In the face of a known enemy?

Show fear? Show fear is what you do in 6th grade and the High School bully is towering over you.

I felt no fear. I felt that we needed to do more. We need to eliminate the terrorists. And I support their elimination.

9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Carpro

I am not certain that I want to go that far . . . but, our men and women show less fear in the face of IED's than a man on a computer (rich and well fed) in the face of what?

Fear for our men and women in harm's way. Fear for the danger to innocent civilians in harms way in England. That could be understood.

But, to feel fear while playing on the internet?

I agree -