1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why The RCC Is A Cult

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The American Dream, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Sadly, I am not surprised. The "so-called Church" of Rome has evolved into a carnal perversion of the Church that Jesus Christ established. Just as I wonder why God allows heresies like the Word of Faith movement to deceive people I wonder why he has tolerated the Roman perversion of the Gospel.

I said earlier that historian Schaff was prophetic when he said [Volume 2, page 73, Schaff's History of the Christian Church]:
    Of course the remarks made by Schaff in the 19th Century were not prophetic but I believe the statement itself is prophetic of the fatal error of a segment of the early Church.

***********************************************************************************************

3. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is ALSO a FACT that Baptist are just as guilty of covering up the perversion of their ministers. Who knows what has gone on behind closed doors during youth group, youth camps, etc. The Baptist church in which I grew up was guilty of covering up children being molested by the pastor. It is STILL trying to cover it up although the pastor was finally charged and convicted. When people like you and anti-Catholic bigots like Rand (Iconbusters) point fingers, just remember you have four pointed back at yourself. Maybe you missed the link to Baptist cover-ups?

http://stopbaptistpredators.org/hushitup.html

4. OldRegular

I am familiar with Baptist coverups. The presence of pedophiles in the ministry is certainly not limited to the Cultic Church of Rome. Sadly, that is not the only problem with that organization. I don't know whether it was deliberate or providential when Schaff made the statement:
    but it is correct.

The Roman Empire, though pagan in its religion, collapsed because of internal corruption. I believe that collapse was the the fulfillment of prophecy recorded in the Book of Daniel. The Church of Rome in a similar fashion evolved into an organization that in no way resembles the Church for which Jesus Christ died.

This parade of doctrinal errors started with the heretical claim that the Bishop of Rome was the Vicar of Jesus Christ on earth and Rome has been on the downhill slide ever sense. Perhaps one major reason for the slide of the Church of Rome into cult status is their use of forced conversions, much the same as the practice of Islam!

Just to refresh your memory:

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One other thing ...

Worship of the blood.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why it is a cult:
    As a Catholic I prayed this "confession" numerous times:
    If you know the translation, you would know why it is a cult.

7. OldRegular

Is this the translation?

***************************************************************************************************

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You got it!
    http://www.preces-latinae.org/thesaurus/Basics/Confiteor.html

Note a couple of things here.
    First, blasphemy is defined as that which is insulting to God. I believe that such a prayer to others, and not to the Lord is an insult to our Lord, and therefore blasphemy.

Second, prayer/and or worship to any other but God is idolatry by definition. It takes away the worship and adoration that is due only to God.

Therefore this prayer is both blasphemous and idolatrous. We must define words as the dictionary defines them and as the Bible defines them, not as the RCC spins them.

#48 DHK, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  9. OldRegular

I agree! I can understand why someone raised RC, or someone who had no schooling in the Christian faith, would accept that stuff. What I cannot understand is someone raised in a evangelical Church accepting that stuff but they do!

It seems to me that the concept of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is foreign to Roman Catholicism and I believe is the intent and desire of the priesthood and hierarchy of that body. But to me that personal relationship with Jesus Christ is the essence of Salvation and the Christian Faith. Dr. Bob has a signature which expresses this well: Jesus Knows me, This I Love!

**************************************************************************************************

10. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Duped and Re-duped

Being raised an evangelical whatever does not mean one is born again. See John Ch. 3 and the dialogue between Jesus and Nicodemus.

We live in an age of repeat after me salvation. The religious ranks are overrun by the unregenerated leading the unregenerated. Many so called churches have become LLC's staffed by hirelings.

As far as a real Baptist changing camps--not likely--such people have never been set free by the Real Gospel. They are poorly led or misled--duped by the master of dupe. Such a mindset shows up at the Watchtower and LDS, in addition to Rome.

God is not the author of confusion--He knows them that are His.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#50 Bro. James, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  11. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Jesus Christ of RCC is virtually Lucifer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yT9vWRB7cw

RCC serves the nominal God in the same method of the idolatorious Israel in Exodus 32:5.

Eliyahu

12. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are a few Catholics on here that I would like to hear from about idolatry.

When I watch the news and see a segment on the Pope driving down a street or something and you see thousands lining the streets and trying to kiss his hand and such, as a Christian it turns my stomach.

Do the Catholics here on the BB find it repulsive as well?

As a Catholic, would you act like that? If so, why?

13. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

. The hand kissing thing is actually a kiss to a ring which is a symbol of his office, the same applies to all clergy. In doing so, the person is honouring the office rather than the man . The office is holy, even though the man is flawed as you or I.

I am not a fan of the pope, but I do honour his office. I do the same for the bishop, but as I am pretty arthritic, I stand and kiss the ring, not much point in herniating the man if he had to haul me up eh!

14. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The "kiss"is a symbol of complete submission and you know it. The pope demanded that kings kneel before him and kiss him (feet, ring, hand, etc.) to show absolute submission to his authority. History is full of examples of this act of submission by kings to popes. It is a claim of ULTIMATE AUTHORITY over the kings and kingdoms of this earth.

To honor him is to honor Satan and that is precisely what you are guilty of - honoring Satan when you claim to honor a Satanic invented office! Find any office in the New Testament called "Pope"! Find any "cardinals" in the New Testament! These are symbols and offices of the Great Whore Babylon mystery religion.

15. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well no, that isn't what we see going on here. We see people trying to touch him or be touched by him as though he has some sort of God power. It isn't a calm, formal bow or kiss thing, it is like an obsession to be near the man or touch or be touched. Thousands standing outside, even in bad weather conditions just to catch a glimps of him driving by. That isn't just an honoring type thing going on here. I find it as sickening as groupies screaming and crying over singers.

16. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

The office of any clergy is no holier than the status of any layman. If you kiss the pastor's hand, you should also kiss the custodian's hand. This idea of rank and reverence for rank in Christianity is foreign to the spirit of Christ.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Act 14:11-15
    (11) And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men.
    (12) And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.
    (13) Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people.
    (14) Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes
    , and ran in among the people, crying out,
    (15) And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:
    --Paul was in Lystra and Derbe, cities of Lycaonia when this happened. The occasion was that he healed an impotent man of Lystra. The residents declared them to be gods, and even named them after their gods saying that their gods had come down to them.

They received a sharp rebuke, just as the Pope should receive a sharp rebuke.
    We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God.
    The Pope needs to turn or repent of these vanities and stop the idolatry if he were to follow the Bible.

18. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I think you just drew a valid comparison. Those over 60 can remember the hysteria wherever Elvis Presley could be found. Five years later it was the same with the Beatles. And it's not just entertainers. Many of the Royals get the same treatment. The President of the United States also draws a pretty good crowd wanting to touch him wherever he goes. So why should it be any different for a man who is regarded as the Vicar of Christ by more than 1.2 billion people?

19. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Are you sure about that? Do you regard ordination as nothing more than a pat on the head? Read 1 Timothy 4:14.

20. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Didn't say that. But you know that there seems to be a tendency for humans to engage in pride and self-glorification, even in the area of religion. Jesus knew that and spoke against it. The only one who should be revered is God Himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.