1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why two services on a Sunday?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Roy1, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Sularis

Sularis Member

well gee Id like to thank the guy for evening services - because finding a job that will give you Sunday mornings off is surprisingly difficult and so I need another time to attend church - However eveneing services are disappearing from churches around me - Its been 3 months since Ive been to a church service - Ive tried to get days off, tried simply running from church to work - but it didnt work - I was always late for work.

This week will be my first Sunday in a long time - if they had only had evening services I could have attended - but no its a bother to preach the Word of God - and good Christians should be willing to starve and fall ill unto death just to attend morning services

Its disgusting - but what can I do - Ive offered to organize an evening service - but have been told that takes away from the authority of the pastor.

2. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

I'm sure there must be churches in Toronto that have Friday night, Saturday night, Wednesday night, hey, even Sunday night services.

3. Walls

Walls New Member

We haven't attended a church with evening services in over 6 years. Where we go, we have morning service, dinner on grounds, then afternoon service. That way, when the day is done, you don't have to come back and it makes it easier for those that have to drive quite a distance. I would imagine that is what it might have been like when everyone had so far to travel to gather together for services.

4. Samantha

Samantha New Member

Our church has two, but one is at 9 am and one at 11 am...no pm service at all...but we have the Wed. pm Bible study groups, GA's, and RA's.

Samantha