1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Was Jane Fonda Not Tried for Treason???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I can only wish I were that young.

Believe me, I am fully aware of the history of that war. As for flapping lips, you my friend, are the champ. :thumbs:

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Some of her specific conduct was treason which is not excusable as free speech.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

It would have been a circus only because of the grip that the antiwar movement had on the American conscience at the time. Justice was waived for political benefit.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Since a state of war did not exist could she have even been tried for treason?

5. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Shame you feel that way. The South Vietnamese government ( our allies ) was struggeling for survival and need out help. Heaven knows the Chinese and Russian governments were helping the North. What kind of country would we be to not support them? What if we didn't suppor our other allies Kuwait back in 1991? And as history turned out there was something to the domino effect. Fortunately even though we lost that one we prevented quicker and further extention of communist regimes in that region. Imagine if we did nothing? Isolationalism worked out real well for us in WWII now didn't it?

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You Heard Her Apologize...

.... can you find and post that apology? It would go a long way in changing the direction of this post, and solidify her claim to be born-again (in other words, she is making peace for her past deeds, something Godly people do when the Holy Spirit is moving within their heart and soul).

Will wait to hear you back up your words Robert. It will help me to put my feelings about Fonda to bed, once and for all. If she actually apologized, I'm sure others will feel as I do: What she did was wrong, but, she has sense made amends.

Tick-tock, we're waiting for your info...

As for your statement, I agree, we should not have been in Nam, but, we were, and those who served (voluntarily, or by select service) went because their country told them this was the thing to do.

I'll bet you don't think we should be in Iraq, and Afghanistan either. Would you support the war if the enemy were marching through your streets and surrounding your Uvalde Baptist Church???

#46 righteousdude2, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010
  7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/fonda/fonda.html

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the Site

That was some article. I wonder why it never made the news like her visit to Nam did. That took guts, and if she could apologize back than, she really should have re-iterated that confession and compassionate message on Larry King the other day, rather than deny her actions as being nothing more than a "myth."

Her words on King make me wonder just how sincere her words were a few years ago??? Still, I can see that she did acknowledge her actions, and voiced her remorse, and that is an important step.

Now, I know you won't believe this, but, I'm not angry with her. I was way back then, but, that is over.

I was simply reacting to her comments the other day. Of course, what I didn't know was that she was born-again, and that she showed remorse a few years back.

I just question, now, why she didn't say on King that since she's been born-again, she has expressed remorse for her Viet Nam actions, and not make that "myth" comment. Her direction of sharing the other night, is very curious, curious indeed!

And it should even make you wonder why she didn't put these two things together on King, and not mention this "myth" thing???

Again, thanks for the info, and I urge all of those who remember her as Hanoi Jane, to check out your link: http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/fonda/fonda.html

9. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

What? Of course we were at war - at least those of us that were in it!

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I wasn't! I thought we were trying to do the right thing. We just let all the loud mouth liberals and deadbeats have their way. In the end we turned out back on our friends in Viet Nam and watched them suffer a painful defeat. All the while our enemy and theirs violated the so-called peace treaty and continued to enjoy support from their allies. The day that the communist bastards took over, 4/30/1975, was a very sad day in my life. A lot of suffering took place in the immediate aftermath. It took ten years for me to be able to see that land again. You may rightfully think there was corruption in the government we supported but what followed and lingers today is a hundred times worse. Many a man spent many a year be re-educated and many of those who were the closet to us never made it out at all. I hate everything the antiwar movement stood for then and now.

#50 Dragoon68, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010
  11. MrJim

MrJim New Member

They're still huntin' nazi war criminals...but that's probably ok...

12. MrJim

MrJim New Member

Then we should open the prison doors and let the converts out...

13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Glad to see you are getting your exercise jumping to all those conclusions.

14. MrJim

MrJim New Member

No conclusions~~Jesus forgave them and so should we, so therefore there is no need for any consequences to actions...at least that is what you are proposing.

15. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Honestly, Jane Fonda didn't do anything our current POTUS isn't already doing himself.:sleep:

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Charles Lindburgh was "Pals" with Adolf Hitler and his fat boy croony Hermon Goerring who commanded Germany's Luftwaffe

When war broke out---Lindburgh petitioned the USAAF looking for permission to fly as a USAAF pilot

to which FDR says

"He will not fly in my Army Air Corps!!!"

And he didn't!!

Jane Fonda is a disgrace in my honest opinion ever since I saw a picture of her seated at that NVA "Aak Aak" gun!! She's no better a citizen then Lindburg was!!

17. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

So with you converting to Christianity and apologizing isn't enough? Do you feel this way toward the members of your congregation?

18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Doubt He Feels that Way Towards Members of the church....

... just Hanoi Jane. He paid the price for fighting for this nation... he felt the anger of the "peace-nics"... and he experienced the humiliation of having a fellow American go to North Viet Nam and make "nice" with the enemy.

His feelings are his right as much as your feelings are your right... so, what's the problem????:sleep: