1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why We Went to Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Mar 3, 2009.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "We sent our troops to Iraq to do away with Saddam Hussein’s regime – and you got the job done. We kept our troops in Iraq to help establish a sovereign government – and you got the job done. And we will leave the Iraqi people with a hard-earned opportunity to live a better life – that is your achievement; that is the prospect that you have made possible. "

Barak Obama

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "We"?

So sayeth the man that took every opportunity to undermine the mission of our troops in Iraq.

How he could get the words out without choking is beyond me. :mad:

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And no mention of WMD's?

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wimps
    MUST
    DECEIVE

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yes WE. As long as you're a US citizen then you are part of WE if you were for the war or not. Being against the war doesn't exclude you from being a citizen.

7. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Then with that association the very "WEs" that voted for the Abortionist Potentate, President Obama, has blood on their hands and "WE" stand to be judged by almighty God for that.

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

No, it doesn't exclude one from being a citizen but it should exclude one from jumping on the bad wagon after doing everything possible to keep it out of the parade.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

We went to Iraq to help the Saudis control Arab oil.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Well said.:thumbs:

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He was addressing the troops. Would you have preferred he used YOU. YOU did all these things as if he and the rest of the country was not behind them.

I guess that was a can't win for Obama, if he'd of said YOU he would be criticized and you equally criticize him for saying WE. I guess there is no winning with you guys...

12. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

In this case, Obama can not "win" because he was wrong from the beginning. It is the kind of recognition a warrior does not need.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So as president he is wrong for recognizing them...

I can hear you now if as president he doesn't recognize them...

That is why he can't win, you won't give him a fair chance or the benefit of the doubt.

This is why I would like to see him forget bipartisan and just do what he needs to do. The right won't be happy no matter what he does short of resigning.

14. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Abortion has nothing to do with this thread.

15. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Obama wasn't in the Senate when Bush invaded Iraq. How could he have been wrong from the beginning?

16. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

He is not wrong for "recognizing" them but his recognition counts for next to nothing. Obama clearly was one who stood against the war and thereby against what our warriors were doing there. If he couldn't support the cause then he could not really support the warriors much less their accomplishments nor those of their civilian leadership. He wants to be on the bandwagon but did all he could to keep it out of the parade. His "congratulations" don't mean much at all because they're framed around a false belief that "we should have never gone to war in Iraq" and that negates the importance of the contributions made. There is nothing he can do to undo what he did or didn't do before and it matters not what political party he claims. He reminds me of his like kind during the Viet Nam war. I don't need nor want their "thanks" mixed with their "sympathy" and exclamations of all that was "wrong" about that war and what we did and why we there. They can keep that. Let fellow veterans and those who supported the war from beginning to end and even today be the ones giving the honors. The rest can take a hike with their anti-war buddies.

17. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

He spoke against the war from his position in the state government.

18. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

As a veteran, to me this is like if I spoke up against your church and your pastor. Refuse to participate on any level, and then see that the church is having a great revival so I say WE are doing great things for God.

It all sounds hollow to me, again as a veteran, to hear these words knowing he has been against what we have been doing since day one. Knowing that he voted against increasing the military budget so we could all have vest and our vehicles have armor. Knowing that he planned to undo much of what was accomplished by closing Gitmo and releasing our enemies so they can kill more of my brothers and sisters.

You see for me it has nothing to do with his party or even if I like him or not. It has everything to do with consistency. I want him to stick with what he has done and stand by his actions. I do not believe that someone can support the troops yet not support what they are doing, that line of thinking makes no sense to me.

By saying, “we” not only is he taking credit for something he had nothing to do with but also has done everything in his power to see their mission fail. NO to weapons, NO to more ammo, NO to armor, NO to the surge, (which worked by the way AND it is a method that he is now going to use in Afghanistan)

19. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I tppk issue with your statement that Obama was against the Iraq war from the beginning. I don't know what this has to do with that.

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

If you are a member of the Church like he is of this country, you are still part of WE.

If you become pastor of said Church, even if you disagreed with much that happen under the last pastor, you are still part of WE.