1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why were the Catholics Banned?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Tazman, Jan 24, 2006.

1. UUall

UUall New Member

I really cant think of anything that a catholic could teach me about their religion that would ever cause me to decide to become part of their denomination. Ive been in a catholic church(funeral) since i started reading and believing the written Word and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck by just listening to what was being said during the service and watching what they were doing. If Christ ran this board would He allow them in? Show them whats written in the Word? Hope that they see the truth and turn away from what theve been taught by man. The catholics are not to be feared, nor ther words. I cant imagine anyone here being swayed by what they would say. After all, most here have been looking into the scriptures for a while. I think the people who run this board should put more faith in us. We cant be moved.

But...after reading some of the comments of those who run the board. Their right. Its their house.

2 John 1:9-11
    Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. [10] If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: [11] For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

And i should shut up!

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I can't think of anyone Christ ever turned away, except for those who said they knew better than he. By that reckoning, and all of us being the sinful opinionated folks wer are, either we'd all be allowed to stay, or we'd all be forbidden entery.

3. riverm

riverm New Member

You are very new here. And it always makes me laugh when new people show up and tell us how we should operate our board.

Catholics were allowed here, but most of them refused to follow the rules, so most of them are no longer welcome here.

Start yer own board, and invite all the religions you want to. If you don't like how this one is run, don't post here.
    </font>[/QUOTE]The typical beat around the bush answer...”start yer own board”...face the facts the Catholics that were here and are here, you guys can't and don't know how to debate them except to regurgitate Chick, Hunt or Cloud...I haven't heard one good rebuttal to any of the Catholic arguments presented here yet...So instead of learning how to effectively evangelize the Catholics, you run by banning them and false witness, then blast them when they can’t defend themselves…prejudice is ignorance…especially when only the Catholics are banned.

Let me guess…start my own board… :rolleyes:

4. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

All good points, Alexander. Based on the weakness of the responses to your post, your points still stand.

5. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Well said. [​IMG]

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Well said. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]That is slander.
    The doctrines of the Catholic Church have been repeatedly refuted by Bob Ryan, D28Guy, myself and others, without any reference to the above at all. They have been refuted by using the most hated of all doctrines of the Catholic Church--sola scriptura. They have also been refuted by using the Catholic Church's own Catechism, encyclospedias, writings, papal bulls, etc. If you want links to such threads they can be provided. If you want further discussion about any such Catholic doctrine there are plenty of people on this board that would be more than happy to engage the pro-Catholic supporters in a debate concerning the heresied of the Catholic Church. Just start a thread on one of the many such as: purgatory, transubstantiation, mariolatry, praying to the dead, idolatry, etc. Set forth your case. May I say it politely: Put up or shut up.

Having said that, this thread needs to be closed.
    DHK