1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

why won't God heal amputees?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gekko, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Luk 11:29¶And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

It takes faith to be saved, not a sign. Healing of a desease and growing a new limb, is completely different. We have to be healed of our sin sickness. :BangHead:

2. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

I have chronic pain from two failed back surgeries. There was a time in my life when massive doses of opioid pain medication would not relieve the pain. It was at that point in my life that I prayed that God would take my life. He did. He caused the old man to die and a new one to be born again. My life was never the same. I still have chronic pain. Now my pain reminds me of His sovereign grace and mercy. The pain that used to be the focal point in my life, is not the focal point anymore.... Jesus is. Jesus is so big in my life that pain is only a small part of it. Although the pain is still there, it is as if Jesus has become the pain reliever... as if He takes the pain for me. I am able to bear it. He has healed me.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

umm...Bob....I was making a joke.

:BangHead:

4. gekko

gekko New Member

that's just what i decided to call the thread because it's the name of their website.

the main question posed was
    "what're your thoughts on the video"

sorry i didn't know you had dial-up. :p
    (i assumed most are out of the stone age. hehehe. :p)

5. trustitl

trustitl New Member

Stone age? Never heard of it. We don't get much news out here.:laugh:

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

God has already healed the amputatee.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

I would say that I've been stumped by some responses here....but I might be misunderstood...

:eek:

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Peter got his ear cut off? When? ;)

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I know, I was referring to OP..:)

10. trustitl

trustitl New Member

Why won't God heal amputees

Well, I'm going to go out "on a limb" here and try get us back on the topic. :laugh:

If God chooses to not heal one of His children's limb's before they go to heaven He must see that it is the best thing to do. There is no doubt that the maker of the limbs can restore them in the blink of an eye. However, God used healings for a specific purpose when Christ was living and during the early years of the church.

Heb. 2:3 "How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; 4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?"

I Cor. 1: 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

God wants us to trust Him and believe in Christ. To keep the focus on truth, God uses "mere" preaching to proclaim the gospel.

Many fundamentalists will say that these signs cannot happen anymore. They don't have scriptural support for this other than a few vague verses. I think they are overreacting to herecies, abuses and misunderstandings among certain groups.

We have every right to make requests of God, but need to remember that he knows what is best. If for some reason God feels it necessary to use a sign to get people's attention He can do it. He may also have compassion on an individual and bless them physically.

MacDonalds has signs all along the interstate system in the United States. They use these signs to draw our attention to what they have to offer; and they do it very well I might add. Imagine finding someone sitting under one of those huge "golden arches" looking up at it in delight. You go up to them and ask them what they are doing and they respond that they love MacDonalds. Neither they nor MacDonalds receive the intended result of the signs.

To many people in churches are worshipping signs because they are merely looking to satisfy their carnal desires of being physically whole. Christ is not the focus in these settings and God is not praised for who He is, rather He is being used by people that "ask amiss, that they may consume it upon their lusts".