1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why would the Pope pray in a mosque?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by LadyEagle, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Hello Johnv,

I'm sorry, either I'm as thick as a brick, or you are not making much sense with your current line of argument. How can someone follow Christ apart from biblical Christianity? When someone follows Christ he/she becomes a Christian, right? I'm not talking about becoming a member of a particular church or even denomination. I'm talking about having a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. So what exactly are you trying to say here?

Additionally, the church is the bride of Christ. He is its head. Thus, biblical Christianity is His method for reaching and saving a lost and dieing world.

[ February 08, 2003, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: BibleboyII ]

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

How can someone follow Christ apart from biblical Christianity?
    As we know, there are as many differing views on what constitutes biblical Christianity as there are Christians. We can't even agree on something as trivial as infant baptism, let alone bigger issues. The Bible is what we use as a means to living Christianity, it is not the end. Only Christ is the end.

the church is the bride of Christ.
    The "church" is Christ's people. Follwers of Christ are the bride of Christ. Religious institutions are not the bride of Christ.

3. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Semantics John, semantics. When I said that the church is the bride of Christ I thought that it was understood that I am speaqking of all Christians as making up the church. And, you disregarded that I said that I am not talking about becoming a member of a specific church or denomination. I'm talking about people having a personal relationship with their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Thus, biblical Christianity is Christ's method to reach and save a lost and dieing world.