1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wicked Popes vs Excathedra

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BobRyan, Mar 3, 2004.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Catholic Church publishes the fact that it has had incredibly wicked popes in the course of history.

Its claim to infallibility is that none of the "wicked popes" make "exCathedra" statements.

However - the RC doctrine on Papal infallibility did not get "fully figured out" until the 1950's - which means that Popes in the 12th century were not using the term "exCathedra" before any statement that they "hoped" would be "infallible". Basically they did not know about the 1950 decision in the 12th century.

Result:

Try to find a list of all the "exCathedra" statements of history published by the RCC where the actual statements reference the term.

Does anyone have a list?

In Christ,

Bob

2. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Bob Ryan,

I was thinking that Carson Weber might be able to look that up for you, but probably by now he has left Ohio for the Lutheran Seminary in Pennsylvania. He probably understands justification by faith, now, because of you and me. [Romans 5:1]

3. Emily

Emily New Member

Is Carson going to be a priest?

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I thought he was studying to be a Franciscan -- "I thought".

Though as Ray points out - perhaps his time here has "enlightened" him to the point of at least wanting to be a Lutheran!

In Christ,

Bob

5. D28guy

D28guy New Member

I was hoping Carson would go the full nine yards and become a *Pentecostal* evangelical. :D [​IMG]

Mike [​IMG]

6. JustAsIAm

JustAsIAm New Member

Now that's a frightening thought! :eek:

7. AdoptedDaughter

AdoptedDaughter New Member

Boy...you know what....

If this 'sophistication' and 'maturity' that this board has reached is because of these insults and blatant attacks of those who can't defend themselves, how proud you must be.

What happened to the 'Christian' love? Hmm...all I see is hatred...or is that part of the maturity and sophistication, too?

Look at yourselves! Are you proud of your words. Christ told us to love, at least the Christ that I have fallen in love with!

Carson Weber is a very intelligent individual, and you now poke insults at him simply because he cannot defend himself. If picking a denomination was based on the fruits that their members show, believe you me, I would not be Baptist!

Do you realize what you are showing your children? That hatred and discrimnation are ok? You do realize that you are committing crimes, don't you? Crimes of discrimination?

*attack on moderators snipped*

[ March 04, 2004, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Gina L ]

8. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Adopted Daughter,

I think we all really love Carson Weber. You can't help but love someone who is so enthusiastic about many of the errors within Catholicism. Carson is a bright young man and we would love to have him and all other Catholics on our side.

My sarcasm was merely to get him to rejoin the discussion with us along with thessalonian.

And please don't blame the Baptists for my sharp post; it was the second one after Bob Ryan's original post. I am not a Baptist but think those who are theologically like Dr. Stanley are more Biblical than their Calvinistic brothers and sisters in Christ.

'Adopted'---smile more and you will be a happy person. Here is a flower to make you feel better toward all of us.
    [​IMG]

9. AdoptedDaughter

Hmmm......he can't.....care to guess why?

10. AdoptedDaughter

I do smile....but when posts such as these arise, how can anyone smile at the injustice in these posts?

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Help me out here. I just read the thread and wonder what the "insult" was to Carson?

That now he understands justification by faith?

That he is going to a Lutheran seminary?

That someone wanted him to be a Pentecostal?

I found no insult there, but might have overlooked something. Of course, the real insults and slurs were already cut out . . but they were not about Carson, were they?

12. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Adopted Daughter was showing Christian charity. She recognized that the joking regarding Carson Weber supposedly leaving his Catholic faith was malicious and Carson would not be able to respond in his own defense. To defend the behavior on this thread, is reprehensible, surprising and disappointing to me.

13. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Christian charity didn't include insults and attacks on moderators.

The people on this forum in this thread were trying to talk to Carson. Read again and you'll see they thought he was still on the board.

If one is so disgusted with the board that this is the only way they can deal with it, insults and bickering, there's a simple solution...the little x box at the top of the page.

Gina