1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will a Christian commit certain sins? PART TWO

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ituttut, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Yes, our sins have been covered by the blood, and yes, we will sin again. But, when we do, we don't need another sacrifice because Jesus is our advocate and we ask Him for forgiveness and He pleads us before the Father. No one is saying Christ needs to die again.

1 John 2
    1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

They were Hebrews, but they were Christian Hebrews.
    Hbr. 9:
    13: For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
    14: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
    15: And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Hbr. 10:

1: For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
    2: For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
    3: But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
    4: For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
    5: Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
    6: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
    7: Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
    8: Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
    9: Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Thanks for debating me ituttut and not becoming offended because of the shock type debating I do at times to "wake people up".

The shock I use was not used by me first but by those who believe they can sin any sin that the wordly man can do. I just used their words to show them how they sounded.
    God Bless, You and I have had some good debates.

#142 Brother Bob, Feb 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007
  3. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Agree fully, however all is not written to us, but all is profitable to us for our understanding. We are to understand such things as Jesus said I didn't come for you Gentile's, so quit bothering me as I have a mission to accomplish. His Apostles also understood this as we see in Matthew 15:22-23, "And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. 23. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us." To me this is profitable seeing I must look elsewhere for what gospel pertains to me a Gentile.

This Gentile was "begging Jesus" in a continuing way as we can tell for the "disciples" said send this heathen away. We see that Jesus is ignoring this woman. As we continue to read what should be profitable to us. So Jesus informs this Gentile in no uncertain terms she is of no concern to Him for He is only interested in His People, those of Israel. Please tell of what profit is this information to us if we do not understand what Jesus says and means? We may as well toss this part of scripture out, for it is not of any profit for we refuse to believe what Jesus' purpose was while He was on this earth.
    Are you telling me we are to make blood sacrifices today as everyone from the beginning had to do? I agree this verse is valuable to us, and profitable if we understand it. "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled", Matthew 5:18. Please notice when Jesus says this. Is this said by Him from heaven, or while on earth? Are we in law today, or in prophecy? Is the "rapture" in prophecy and of the law? Can you find the "Body of Christ" under the law, or in prophecy? All will be fulfilled, even that which God had hidden from man.

4. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Appreciate your insight on this. You and I know these things, but evidently some do not.

5. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Thanks for agreeing they are Hebrews. We can see here Paul (I believe) is making the argument that the blood of Jesus Christ is much more than that of the blood of animals. These need to be convinced, do they not?
    This is as that shown in Hebrew 9, of trying to persuade the Hebrew, as He exhorts them to enter into the "Body of Christ".
    You have not "shocked" me by your belief of being in the "Kingdom Church". So very many are. I see I have shocked you of things you before had not heard, and had not been shown in His Word.
    I believe you think I am one that believes we can sin all we want now that we are saved. I believe no such thing. I only believe that Christ died for my every sin, and I know I am not now made perfect in this body, therefore I agree with Paul.

I believe you will be shocked if you will reread, and study intently what Christ did reveal to Paul. We are now spiritually in Christ Jesus, but we are still in these sinful bodies. When we do understand the following we can accept that we are still sinners in these bodies doing things we would not, and do not fool ourselves believing we can never do a certain sin. "For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
    15. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
    16. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
    17. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    18. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
    19. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
    20. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    21. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
    22. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
    23. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
    24. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
    25. I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." Romans 7:14-25. I hope you will dwell on what Christ Jesus reveals to us from heaven.

It looks as if you wish to end our conversations in this thread, and this is agreeable to me Christian friend.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

All of this is true and is why we need His Grace, not just to save us from our sins but to keep us in His Grace.

It is no different than we continue to teach our people today. We are the ones called of God to preach and to teach others, of which we as Paul did to the Hebrews, continue to teach until we die. God Bless you ituttut.

#146 Brother Bob, Feb 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007
  7. benz

benz New Member

"tremendous sacrifices like the rich young ruler would have had to do. "

Jesus told the young ruler that give to the poor that he may recieve great reward in heaven. With the hardness of his heart he did not want to give and was devestated. Jesus did not tell him that he had to give his money to get eternal life....

8. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Yes he did. But that requirement was meant specifically for the rich young ruler. For others it might be illicit sex or in general unwillingness to submit totally to the Lord. When Dietrich Bonhoffer wrote about the cost of decipleship he wasn't talking about something that is optional for a Christian. To be born again means to forsake our previous ways and follow Him

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Good insight, and well said, benz

Ed

10. ituttut

ituttut New Member

He is faithful.
    We without law, rituals, and covenant need no convincing to come out from under them. Blessing on you my friend.

#150 ituttut, Mar 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2007
  11. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

We do not die in our sins simply because we as a Christian have committed one. Salvation is not issued if we stop all sin. it is given once we repent and come to faith. A Christian can do any sin that a lost person can from a moral standpoint. What cannot happen is for a Christian to practice sin as a way of life.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Repent is to turn from sin. You say we have to repent are you also saying we can turn and turn and turn.
    Also, where do some of you get you can't have a life style of sin but Oh by the way, you can sin those adultereous some, a few times here and there but just don't continue in them or you be lost. Who decides when it has become a lifestyle and how many times?
    ;)

if we stop all sin. If you repent (turn from sin) is that not stopping? Such a play on words some use to excuse flat out sin.

#152 Brother Bob, Mar 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2007