1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will a Christian commit certain sins?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Amy.G, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

The sin was "frustrating the grace of God." It was preaching salvation by grace with the mouth, and at the same time living like salvation is by the works of the Law. It was doubleminded, and it was deceiving, and had even led Barnabas astray. How can you begin to say there was no sin committed?

Max

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

No I would never accuse Peter of being a false prophet; (Anyone else can do as they please.) I'll merely stand with Paul and say here Peter was a hypocrite. But it is nice to know, I guess, that hypocrisy is not considered a sin by "His Blood". Funny! Somehow, I always had the idea that it was a sin. :confused: Frankly, I'd say that Scripture here 'judged' Peter, but maybe that's just me. But I would say that here Peter "denied 'the gospel" of grace', anyway.

Ed

#362 EdSutton, Feb 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  3. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Hey HBSMN,

I noticed that you quote Dehaan. Have you read his commentary/devotional on the book of Hebrews? Because he disagrees with you on many points. Here is a good read for your edification.

4. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

Hrm.. So are you free from ALL iniquity? I guess that according to you, Christians cannot lie. Well, what is a liar by definition? Somebody who has told a lie. I'm a liar, I must not be regenerate. In fact, I lust, therefor in God's eyes I am an adulterer.

Just a question, are these verses referring to sin as a continual practice or just occasional lapses?

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You are judging Peter,Paul and all the Apostles as living in our time but in reality they were living in a time of transition from the Law to the Grace Covenant. The change did not take place over night and the scripture says when in Rome do as the Romans do.
    Where does it say Peter sinned? You don't seem to know what sin is now, how can you say Peter sinned?

Rom 14:4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

#365 Brother Bob, Feb 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Good luck..........

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

So, you have raised a little higher lately Ed; now you are judging the Apostles. Have you seen anyone we know.

Rom 14:4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I'd sure like a chapter and verse for "when in Rome do as the Romans do", for I'm very sure these words are not found in Scripture!

Ya' know, it's one of my pet peeves - that of adding to the Word of God that has been written!

Ed

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Nope , not "judging" the apostles; merely quoting what one said about another! Or did you bother to read the Scripture in question, that I quoted? As to "seeing anyone we know", I don't know if we know any persons face-to-face together.

Ed

10. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

You just accused me of judgment on a brother in Christ, of not knowing what sin is when it is clear in the text, and then you said the Scripture says "when in Rome do as the Romans do."

I hat to ask this question but...

What Bible are you reading, and who taught you your exegetical skills?

Max

11. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

You know, that BaptistBibleBeliever banned me as a heretic for daring to say that a believer might go to hell. :) Maybe he is getting over it. DeHaan has some fiery words in that booklet there.

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

FTR, other Scripture defines one of the definitions of sin as "transgression". Paul mentioned "sinners' in Gal. 2:17, and "transgressor" in Gal. 2:18, I believe, if I read it right.

Ed

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I won't have to get over it :laugh: , since I never said any of it :smilewinkgrin:, but do not believe that any believer in Christ, hence anyone who is saved, goes to hell. :eek:

But as to Dr. M. R. DeHaan, and this quote -
    - I'd say the Doctor is "right on!"

Ed

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It was not the one who taught you about the fornicator with his mother being saved for sure.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Whatever your opinion may be you might have to share it on another thread.
    This thread has run its course and now looks it is veering off topic. 38 pages worth is quite a long thread. Feel free to start anoter if you so desire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.