1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Attacking Iran Mean the End of These United States as a World Power?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 16, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The resignation of Admiral William Fallon as US military commander in the Middle East probably signals a Bush Regime attack on Iran. Fallon said that there would be no US attack on Iran on his watch. As there was no reason for Fallon to resign, it is not farfetched to conclude that Bush has removed an obstacle to war with Iran.

The US is already over stretched both militarily and economically. An attack on Iran is likely to be the straw that breaks the camel’s back."

- Paul Craig Roberts(www.vdare.com/roberts/080313_dollar.htm)

This could be the coup de grace of the Bush administration - the reduction of these United States to a second rate economic and military power.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

With the production and IT industries being offshored, we produce nothing. Corporations like Halliburton get no-bid contracts paid for by the taxpayers, then relocate to Dubai to keep from paying back any taxes. I'd say we are well on the way. Now if we attack another nation unprovoked, I fear for the survival of the nation as we have known it. IMO, Bush, Cheney, Powell, Rumsfeld, et. al. should be tried for treason at worst, and gross negligence and incompetence at best..

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the U.S. dollar may very well be on its death bed.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There will be no attack on Iran. Talk about fearmongering.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pray that you are correct.

However, we have the history of the Bush administration's unprovoked invasion of Iraq.

6. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

The only way that I can see that an attack on Iran is going to happen is if Iran instigates it. They tried a few months ago but did not succeed. KenH, you and MP underestimate the US. There would have to be a concerted attack that would render US production useless. Sure we are in a slump but the American people are a resilient group. Sure many businesses have and are doing their production overseas but many more are still here with skilled laborers that are just itching to fill the need. Do you honestly believe Iran has that capability?

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you seen the current state of the U.S. dollar?

Have you seen the size of our yearly budget deficit?

Have you seen the size of our yearly trade deficit?

These are ominous signs for our future as a super power. Remember, the Soviet Union was not defeated militarily it crumbled from within monetarily and economically.

8. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Ken sounds like my college history professor in 1988. The U.S. was going to hell in a hand basket. Our economy was tanking out. Reagan had destroyed our world image and run us into a debt that we could never get out from under. And, the democrats were going to be the savior's of the U.S. It's the same old liberal dribble.

9. Magnetic Poles

And in 1992, the Democrats took the White House and by the end of eight years, we had a budget surplus.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our nation got our fiscal house in much better order during the 1990s.

Do you really think that our nation can continue to be fiscally irresponsible forever?

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, we were much better fiscally. However, the budget surplus was only by counting the portion of the Social Security surplus that wasn't spent as part of the general budget. The national debt has increased every single year since about 1960 since Social Security is not considered a part of the general budget for this purpose and the Social Security surplus is nothing more than IOUs due eventually from the general budget starting around 2017.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The projected surplus and the overall economy was a result of the dotcoms. When they went bust we went into recession which began before Clinton left office.

13. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

The truth finally comes out

Ken H and MP and all the rest are finally telling the truth.

They are willing to forsake a stand on social issues like abortion and gay rights in an attempt to pad their wallets. They vote democrat thinking that the economy, and their own household will be better off financially.

Never mind the immoral platform and social agenda of the Dems, as long as they can benefit from it monetarily.

It really makes me sad when Christians sell their morals and faith for a dollar.

AJ

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This will be the first presidential election that I will vote Democratic, the Lord willing, since 1976.

I have voted for Republican for president in 1984, 2000, and 2004.

The rest(for the record):

1980 Libertarian

1988 Wrote in Jack Kemp

1992 Constitution Party

1996 Libertarian

15. Magnetic Poles

You really love displaying ignorance, don't you? I don't expect one thin dime from a Democrat in the White House. I happen to agree with their social platform (for the most part), and disagree with the dirty, immoral behavior and attacks on the nation by the GOP. Tell me how I am going to get money from a Democratic President please.

For the record, I have only voted Democratic for President once in my entire life.

You mention gay rights...I guess you think gay people have no rights? If they do, do you not support them having them, same as you do?

#15 Magnetic Poles, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  16. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Then I dont understand why you would abandon Christian principles now.

I am not a Bush supporter on many of his issues....like prolonging the war, border security, the tax rebates....I think he is wrong all all of these. But I do believe that he is doing what he percieves to be right, and most of all, he is not forcing immoral social legislation on us (meaning Christians).

And, as far as attacking Iran......only if Iran attacks us or one of our allies, especially Isreal. That there is the problem. Iran has promised to "wipe Isreal off the face of the world", so it is imperative that they dont acquire nuclear weapons. They will use them when and if they do. Its for this reason, their determination to destroy Isreal, that I believe that war with Iran is coming, someday, hopefully not soon.

AJ

17. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

The economy always seems to go into a recession near the end of a president's term. Especially at the end of a president's second term. Dont be so pessimistic. The dollar will bounce back, the housing market will turn around. There is much uncertainty in the economy due to the election.

18. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Tell me why you libs make such a issue of "We were better of financially when Clinton was president"?

And no, I dont think the president can change the economy, its natural supply and demand, up and down. Its the Dems who want to blame the republicans for a slower economy. You guys are so convinced that electing a dem will turn our economy around, but it wont.....the economy will turn around on its own

Its not that I believe it, its that you Dems do.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no evidence that Iran is attempting to build a nuclear weapon.

It was Ahmadinejad who stated hateful words toward Israel, not Iran. When President Bush says something that does not equal these United States saying it.

20. Magnetic Poles

I am not voting for a pastor...I am voting for who I think will be the best leader for these United States of America. I have different criteria because the jobs are different.